MCDST, MCSA, MCSE

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Zeeshan Ali Malik, Dec 16, 2004.

  1. Respected Sir,
    Hi,

    I am from Pakistan and I am on job as Network
    Administrator but not have Microsoft Certification as
    there is not so much trend of this Certification in my
    Home Country.
    I do not have much information about Microsoft Certified
    Professional but I have searched www.microsoft.com for
    desired information of exams and the certification
    process. I would be obliged if you can kindly guide me
    in respect of its fee per paper. I am interested in
    following Certifications
    1.MCDST (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician)
    2.MCSA (Microsoft Certified System Administrator)
    3.MCSE (Microsoft Certified System Engineer)
    Which one you prefer is best for me to obtain a better
    career?

    Sir, the formula of getting receipt of mail
    is working really fine. Looking forward for your E-mail.

    Yours sincerely,
    Zeeshan Ali Malik

    Zeeshan Ali Malik, Dec 16, 2004

  2. Zeeshan Ali Malik

    Shaun Guest

    The Exams are about £80 (thats pounds each), so convert
    that to your currency and thats how much you will pay.

    As for which quilification to do, start with the MCDST
    than continue on and do the MCSA and finally complete the
    MSCE, that would get you the best caree. It also depends
    on what caree you follow, if you only want to be a
    support technicain do only the MCDST but to be able to
    design, implement and maintain microsoft networks you
    should do all 3.

    Hope this helps....

    Shaun, Dec 16, 2004

  3. Thanks really much "Shaun"

    Dear Shaun,
    Hi,

    I am really grateful to have you reply and the
    information that you provided. Please may I bother you
    personally so that I can get more assistance from your
    intelligence and knowledge?
    I shall be really thankful to you if you please drop me
    some words of your opinion on my persoanl E-mail address
    so that I can contact you on your address.

    Thanking you,
    Yours sincerely,

    Zeeshan Ali Malik

    Zeeshan Ali Malik, Dec 21, 2004
  4. Zeeshan Ali Malik

    Joe Guest

    Thanks really much "Shaun"

    Your replies shaun seem to answer my question. Yet I would
    like to let you know my current situation. I have a BA in
    Technology and Information management and Accounting. I
    have been unable to jump start my career in IT. I have
    been thinking of any certifications that would put me
    through. where should I start? Is MCDST a good start?

    Thank you for your insights <you can also drop a copy of
    your replies to my email>

    Joe

    Joe, Dec 25, 2004
  5. Thanks for your interest Joe

    Dear Joe,
    Hi,

    Hope that everything will be fine there with you. Infact
    my interest in MCDST is because I am doing lots of work
    at Windows XP and troubleshooting my office networks
    cause I have to face lots of problems in Windows XP
    networking and software troublshooting. The place where
    I work is a Ground Handling Agency and here I have
    established an office network. So my thinking about to
    have MCDST certification is because I will get promotion
    to Desktop Support Technician in my organization. Now
    about your start so if you are interested in Desktop
    applications so you can do this MCDST but if you are
    interested in Programming or Databases so then you have
    to choose lots of practice and MCSA or MCDBA will be the
    best for you. You also have to cater the details of
    exams cause if you choose the first one (MCDST) then you
    have to pass only 02 exams but I think for others it will
    be 03 to 05 exams.
    Hope it will help.

    Thanking you,
    Zeeshan Ali Malik