    criticism!

    Thanks,
    Russell

    =?Utf-8?B?UnVzc2VsbA==?=, Mar 21, 2006

  2. Hi Russell,

    Don't worry about repeat questions... we love them! :)

    If a particular exam applies to several different certifications then you
    need only pass it the one time and it will apply to all certifications
    equally. For example if you need to pass 70-290 for MCSE an MCSA then by
    passing it you are one step closer to both certs. The same holds true for
    electives.

    Good luck and let us know how you do!

    Mitch
    --
    MDG, MCSA

    =?Utf-8?B?TW9udHJlYWwgTUNTQQ==?=, Mar 21, 2006

  3. Some electives carry, but not all. For Example the MCDST is an Elective for
    the MCSA but not MCSE, A+/Net+ combined are an elective for MCSA not MCSE.
    But many electives are certified for both.

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Mar 21, 2006
  4. Thanks for the input!

    I have been in the IT/IS field for about 25 years but since I am not a good
    "test taker" I have been putting off taking any exams for fear of wasting
    time and money. I have simply gotten tired of being passed over for good
    jobs b/c I am not certified. HR people seem to favor what's on paper rather
    than years of real-world proof of successful projects and experiences. I
    know it sounds like a pity party but I am not intending it to be.

    Anyway, I have taken and passed 70-271, the first MCDST exam. Hopefully I
    will keep up my "streak" of passes. Does one passed exam count as a streak?

    If all goes well I intend to take all the exams to be certified for MCDST,
    MCSA, MCSE, and MCT. Maybe I will think about taking A+ and Cisco exams
    later.

    Again, thanks for your help; I will always appreciate any comments, tips, etc.

    Russell

    =?Utf-8?B?UnVzc2VsbA==?=, Mar 22, 2006