  1. Tell us about your real world stories about MCDST. Was it worth being
    certified? What was the one thing you learned that was new to you and were
    impressed with?

    Ritesh Kachhwaha, Oct 31, 2006

  2. Ritesh Kachhwaha

    cesaremsdn Guest

    "Ritesh Kachhwaha" wrote:

    > Tell us about your real world stories about MCDST. Was it worth being
    > certified? What was the one thing you learned that was new to you and were
    > impressed with?

    Sorry, but who are you? What's the meaning of your question ?

    cesaremsdn, Oct 31, 2006

  3. "cesaremsdn" wrote:

    > "Ritesh Kachhwaha" wrote:
    >
    > > Tell us about your real world stories about MCDST. Was it worth being
    > > certified? What was the one thing you learned that was new to you and were
    > > impressed with?

    > Sorry, but who are you? What's the meaning of your question ?

    I am just someone who has passed the 70-271 exam and will be taking the
    70-271 exam on 22/11/06. I would just like to know if you guys found the
    certification useful?

    Ritesh Kachhwaha, Oct 31, 2006
  4. I didn't find the cerificate useful at all. Sure it proves you can remember
    stuff for an exam but you soon find out how much is relevant to the day to
    day running of most networks. Indeed, older network techs absolutelyt scoff
    at the idea of MCDST. To them it's an embarrassment. Take it as the start -
    MCSA is the very least you'll need I would say.
    "Ritesh Kachhwaha" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    robbarratt2002, Nov 1, 2006
  5. Ritesh Kachhwaha

    Racefan3231 Guest

    I work at an IT Helpdesk taking calls from a variety of different users. I am
    taking the 272 test tomorrow. I think from my viewpoint the 272 course is
    more relevant to my job than the 271 as we don't really have the resources
    (remote access) to do a lot of Windows configuration, but do a lot of desktop
    application help : Word, Excel, VPN etc.
    --
    Jerold

    Racefan3231, Nov 2, 2006
  6. Hi Ritesh,

    Very true, like Robbarratt mentioned earlier is that more older techs would
    scoff at it. But look at it this way - depending on what your specific
    {network, admin, support} job description is, there are a lot of benefits
    including but not limited to, customer service orientation, consulting
    methods & techniques and sometimes a broader scope than what you might want
    to rightly or wrongly perceive as the "crux" of the subject matter and hence
    whatever deviation and their supposed irelevance. Truth is, most of what you
    learn would eventually come to bear on your professional expertise as you
    move through the support level pyramid structure but most especially if you
    are independent IT consultant. I hope this helps.

    Kindest regards

    iConsultant®, Nov 25, 2006