    then I'd prefer to do that.

    Thanks,

    Chris.
    Chris M, May 5, 2004

  2. Chris M

    Ozzy Guest

    The 'Catch 22' situation...........

    Hello Chris

    Each exam I took was 110 minutes in length and 55 questions. Time must also be add on for signing in etc.
    If you know the subjects like the back of your hand and complete the exams quickly then yes you may be able to complete both exams in half a day period.

    I think most poeple do one exam in the morning and the other in the afternoon leaving a short gap in the middle to have a break. This is probably the better solution.
    If you fail an exam because you tired or whatever you will have to take another half day off work to resit the exam and pay $$ Bill Gates $$ even more of your hard earned cash. Talk about a 'catch 22' situation!!!!

    Anyway good luck, the exams are fairly easy.

    Ozzy
    Ozzy, May 6, 2004

  3. Chris M

    Free Guest

    The 'Catch 22' situation...........

    For a limited time, you can get a free retake. Search
    these newsgroups for the post.
    Free, May 6, 2004
  4. Chris M

    Neil Guest

    Re: The 'Catch 22' situation...........

    "Free" <> wrote in news:963201c43382$74eb28b0$:

    > For a limited time, you can get a free retake. Search
    > these newsgroups for the post.

    wont help with the DST exams (only for selected 2k3exams) and only in the
    US. I have not seen anything on the public MS site though there is info on
    the a private MS site about it. Ask a local trainer for details (have them
    check the MCT private website)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, May 6, 2004
  5. Took me about 45 minutes to complete each exam, and pass each.

    I didn't take them together, but if you know your stuff you can more than
    easily do them in one afternoon !

    Rémy

    Rémy Bucheler \(MCSA, Charter MCDST\), May 7, 2004
  6. Chris M

    Ivan Ng Guest

    Mine 70-271 gave me 135minutes to complete 64 questions, however, you could
    complete it in around 60-70 minutes if you know the subject well...
    The 70-272 gave me 110minutes to complete 55 questions, similarily, i took
    around a hour to complete them... and just sat there and dreaming for the
    rest of the exam...coz... i paid and i should "enjoy" as long as possible!

    Quite good for the exam, as it is not as technical as MCSE, but a good step
    towards the MCSA, coz you only need to add 3 more papers, after you got the
    MCDST.

    Ivan Ng
    BBA, BSc, PCEd, MCDST, MOS Master Instructor in Office XP

    Ivan Ng, May 24, 2004