    without lab facility,how much will i gain (knowledge) out of 100%..Please
    assist me and let me know if with a single computer.I can do something
    practicle rather just going for theoritical.Thanks.

    bose, May 15, 2006

  2. bose

    Sean Guest

    "bose" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi Guys, I am preparing for MCDST exam. I got 2 books, exam 70-271 and
    > 70-272.I need to know whether theoritical study will be enough to gain
    > knowledge or is there a practicle assistance needed for this exam.I might
    > be
    > asking something silly but am very concern whether getting indepth
    > knowledge
    > without lab facility,how much will i gain (knowledge) out of 100%..Please
    > assist me and let me know if with a single computer.I can do something
    > practicle rather just going for theoritical.Thanks.

    Hey,
    I am in the same boat. I have studied the book, but still feel that I
    need a little more depth and practice than what it includes. I have found
    that any available free practice tests or braindumps are helpfull. When a
    question on these 'practice' tests exceeds information in the book, you can
    always go to the microsofl knowledge base and look up stuff, which I do
    alot. Also I like to read up on the windowsxp.help_and_support newsgroup and
    see if I can solve their problems. I don't know if any of this helps. I've
    heard ExamCram for these particular tests aren't very good, so.... I guess
    we're on our own beyond the Microsoft books. Oh, one more thing that is
    helping me. I have a guinea pig computer that I do all kinds of wild things
    to ( don't think I'm a freak, I mean the practices in the book, ect.. ). I'd
    like to hear what other resources you have found also.
    Take Care,
    Sean

    Sean, May 17, 2006