    are not effected.

    Is the user unable to access the files because this was a clean installation??

    Any help would be appreciated.
    Mark, Feb 24, 2005

  2. Mark

    Dr Nova Guest

    Beware of SIDs

    Mark,

    In such a situation you will lose access to all data on volume D: no matter
    what installation type you perform (Clean or Upgrade). This happens because
    each user account has a unique Security Identifier (SID) attached to it.
    Think of it like a long hidden internal identification account number.
    So when you create another user account with the same username and password
    it isn't the same because the SID is different. The only solution is to log
    on as administrator and take ownership of the files on volume D. Then you
    can assign permission as appropriate.

    Regards,
    Dr.Nova

    Dr Nova, Feb 24, 2005