MCDST Charter

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Lee, Apr 4, 2005.

  1. Lee

    Lee Guest

    Lee, Apr 4, 2005

  2. Lee

    Guest Guest

    Hi Lee,

    I've seen the same info as you, and just passed the 271
    and 272 (today), so I'll post whether or not I get it.
    Considering the fact that MCDST has been available since
    last year, and since then only 4,051 have attained it
    since, I'd say the chances are pretty good. Who knows.
    I've got my fingers crossed!

    Good luck on the exam!

    -R

    sitting my 2nd test
    >next week and just wondered if the 5000 has been hit as

    the web site
    >http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certified.asp is

    showing 4,051 as

    Guest, Apr 4, 2005

  3. Lee

    Steve Wicker Guest

    Hi Guys,

    I passed the other month, still waiting on 2nd certificate. What do you mean
    by getting Charter and why is 5000 so important?

    Steve Wicker, Apr 5, 2005
  4. Lee

    Jason Guest

    Whe Microsoft releases a new certification, the first 5000 to meet the
    standard are considered Charter members. In the past this has been a very
    cool feather in the cap due to the significance of being "on the cutting
    edge". Once 5000 people have passed the qualifying exams, the charter
    status is removed, and it's not included on certificates.

    In the past this has meant that the individual has prepared for this exam
    pretty much on their own, without a lot of external study materials or
    assistance. With the onset of the new technologies in learning trends and
    study materials (online and print guides, not to mention boot camps and
    braindumps), this "charter status" does not carry the same weight it used
    to. Especially given that this exam covers materials that have technically
    been available for 3 years now. If it was a more advanced cert, it might
    carry more weight, but at this level it is basically bragging rights...for
    whatever that is worth.

    Jason, Apr 5, 2005
  5. Lee

    Dave Guest

    "Jason" <> wrote in message
    > Whe Microsoft releases a new certification, the first 5000 to meet the
    > standard are considered Charter members. In the past this has been a very
    > cool feather in the cap due to the significance of being "on the cutting
    > edge". Once 5000 people have passed the qualifying exams, the charter
    > status is removed, and it's not included on certificates.
    >
    > In the past this has meant that the individual has prepared for this exam
    > pretty much on their own, without a lot of external study materials or
    > assistance. With the onset of the new technologies in learning trends and
    > study materials (online and print guides, not to mention boot camps and
    > braindumps), this "charter status" does not carry the same weight it used
    > to. Especially given that this exam covers materials that have
    > technically been available for 3 years now. If it was a more advanced
    > cert, it might carry more weight, but at this level it is basically
    > bragging rights...for whatever that is worth.

    <snip>
    I agree with Jason, it's not worth worrying about at all. I happen to have
    a "chartered" MCDST but there again, I actually have *real* chartered status
    anyway.
    Dave, Apr 6, 2005