    pass and also adv what kind of material.

    brgds
    Richard
    Richard Saala, Apr 15, 2005

  2. Richard Saala

    Jason Guest

    Read through the forum for the last 14 days or so...that should give you a
    clue. But, then again, if someone needs to tell you this, then perhaps
    MCDST is not for you...

    Jason, Apr 16, 2005

  3. That's not a fair statement. What he asked for was an objective calculation
    on time to study. Telling him if he needs to know how long to study means he
    isn't right for the certification is just not right.

    Richard,
    I'm guessing this is your first time up to bat behind a testing computer
    and you'd rather not pay for a test until your 100% certain you'll pass. (Am
    I right so far?) Here's the deal....For the most part no one can tell you
    how long to study as we all tend to learn in different ways and at different
    speeds. I can tell you this. Take a practice exam or two from a practice
    test provider. (i.e. MeasuerUP) If you feel comfortable enough to take the
    test, then take it. You'll do fine, the worst thing that happens is that you
    fail and you have to retake the exam. That might suck, but it is not the end
    of the worked. Just try not to get caught in a cycle of not taking exams. In
    any case....good luck on the exams, let us know how you do.

    --
    "The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

    justafreak.com
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Apr 17, 2005
  4. Richard Saala

    Jason Guest

    I grant the premise that determining how long to study is a fair question.
    It is, quite possibly, the most important question. What is too much, what
    is not enough? Studying length, tactics, and methods are the overall point
    of this newsgroup imho.

    However, to post to the newsgroup without giving the forum any idea of where
    you are in your technical and IT development, in addition to posting without
    perusing at least the last two weeks presumes too much on the part of the
    senior IT personnel that troll the newsgroups.

    I have no problem answering questions...I do have a problem answering the
    same question over and over. Especially those that truly can only be
    determined by taking some effort and initiative on your own to determine
    where you are.

    If someone does not know about the free evaluations on various websites, I
    would question that person's initiative at troubleshooting and problem
    solving to begin with. I've said this before and I'll say it again, the
    last thing I want to do is have someone come ask me the answer to a question
    that either:

    A. They should know
    B. Is available on our internal knowledge base
    C. Can be answered via a simple google search
    or D. Can be answered in Microsoft's knowledge base.
    "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in message
    > That's not a fair statement. What he asked for was an objective
    > calculation on time to study. Telling him if he needs to know how long to
    > study means he isn't right for the certification is just not right.
    >

    > Richard,
    > I'm guessing this is your first time up to bat behind a testing
    > computer and you'd rather not pay for a test until your 100% certain
    > you'll pass. (Am I right so far?) Here's the deal....For the most part no
    > one can tell you how long to study as we all tend to learn in different
    > ways and at different speeds. I can tell you this. Take a practice exam or
    > two from a practice test provider. (i.e. MeasuerUP) If you feel
    > comfortable enough to take the test, then take it. You'll do fine, the
    > worst thing that happens is that you fail and you have to retake the exam.
    > That might suck, but it is not the end of the worked. Just try not to get
    > caught in a cycle of not taking exams. In any case....good luck on the
    > exams, let us know how you do.
    >
    > --
    > "The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44
    > I may sound arrogant at times, but that's only because I'm always right.
    >
    > Memories fade but a Google search never forgets.
    > justafreak.com
    > .
    > "Jason" <> wrote in message
    >> Read through the forum for the last 14 days or so...that should give you
    >> a clue. But, then again, if someone needs to tell you this, then perhaps
    >> MCDST is not for you...
    >>

    >> "Richard Saala" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>> how long do you think i should study for above in order to
    >>> pass and also adv what kind of material.
    >>>
    >>> brgds
    >>> Richard

    Jason, Apr 17, 2005