    Does anyone know how long does it take for the Cert to arrive in the mail or
    should I have to request it?

    Thanks

    Ricardo F, Jun 5, 2007

  2. Ricardo F

    John R Guest

    "Ricardo F" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone know how long does it take for the Cert to arrive in the mail
    > or
    > should I have to request it?
    >
    > Thanks

    You should have received an email from Microsoft when you passed your first
    exam with information on how to access the MCP member site
    https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp When you access the site for the first time,
    you can associate your MCP ID with your login. Once you can get into the
    site, you have to click on 'Program Benefits', and then 'Welcome kits and
    certificates'. Verify that your shipping address is correct, and submit it.
    Once you submit your request, it should take a few weeks to receive it. It
    says 4-6 weeks on the site, but my experience is it takes less than that.

    Congrats on obtaining your cert.

    John R

    John R, Jun 5, 2007

  3. Ricardo F

    John R Guest

    "Ricardo F" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how long does it take for the Cert to arrive in the mail
    > or
    > should I have to request it?
    >
    > Thanks

    BTW, you don't have to wait for the actual paper certificate to enjoy any
    potential benefits. Once you can get into the MCP site, you can print out a
    transcript which shows the tests that you passed and when you passed them,
    as well as what certifications you currently hold (it does not show any test
    scores, just that you passed and what you hold). You can also setup a
    transcript sharing code that will allow others (like your employer or
    potential employer) to verify that you hold the certification that you are
    claiming. They can access that information from Microsoft's website thus
    proving that you are in fact giving accurate information.

    John R

    John R, Jun 5, 2007
  4. Ricardo F

    BK Guest

    It takes approximately 6-8 weeks.
    --
    BNS6

    BK, Jun 7, 2007
  5. Noone's received ANY MCP emails on registration lately....

    Michael Gossett, Jun 8, 2007
  6. Ricardo F

    Ricardo F Guest

    John thanks,

    I can say that it is true when people say that they didn't receive any
    e-mail from Microsoft after taking the first or second exam :)

    Well, I ended calling the MCP support to have them send me the e-mail and
    they did :) now I'm happy to access MCP member site.

    My next step is A+ by the end of this year :):) and then I'm going after
    MCSA next year

    thanks all for the replies

    Ricardo F.
    MCDST