    reimbursement money by the end of the year. Does anyone
    have any idea where one might be offered that would be
    completed by the end of the year?

    Keven, Nov 20, 2004

  2. Keven

    rob Guest

    try looking at the www.NewHorizons.com site or maybe
    http://www.esi.net/training/training.htm

    I have used both of them and they are very good at
    providing quality training at a good cost.

    rob, Nov 20, 2004

  3. Keven

    Jason Guest

    If you want to go the route of the boot camp, that is entirely your
    decision. One of the less known things about certifications "in the real
    world" is that certs may help you get a job, but if you truly dont know the
    subject matter, you will not retain a job. Boot camps, in general, are
    characterized by throwing all the information at you over an intense
    "training period", and having you quickly regurgitate the information on the
    cert exams thereby resulting in what the industry now refers to as "paper
    certs". Additionally, boot camps are notorious for the instructors
    "helping" students with the exam. Not su much giving answers, as leading
    you to them. This tactic, while in the short run may achieve your
    objective, in the long run will more likely hurt you than help you.

    I know personally of two individuals who earned their MCSE's via boot camps
    who were subsequently let go due to inexperience. I have several "friends"
    who are not utilized in their tasks simply because they do not have the
    troubleshooting skills others do (one is about to be fired and doesn't know
    it). This is not to brag, because my experience is still at the tip of the
    iceberg. Rather, this is to give you fair warning of the perils of boot
    camps.

    If you want to utilize your education money toward courses, take a course in
    networking, TCP, Netware, C++, VB, Scripting, or some other narrowly focused
    area that will give you specialized expertise that can be tapped in a real
    world environment. If you were to take a poll of how many people know how
    to install Windows XP via CD, fd, or network there would be plenty. By the
    same token, a desktop support tech who ALSO knows about AutoCAD and Catia
    and how it interacts with MS environments, that is much more valuable from a
    management perspective.

    However, the education reimbursement funds are yours to spend. Take the red
    pill or the blue pill, but the choice is yours...I wish you luck.

    Jason, Nov 21, 2004
  4. Keven

    Bill Guest

    for Learning Solutions, will be holding an MCDST Boot Camp
    on December 13-17, 2004. Call me at 601-914-4500 to
    reserve a seat.
    Bill

    Bill, Nov 23, 2004
  5. Keven

    Guest Guest

    Anyone looking for a Boot Camp should consider The Training
    Camp, offices in the US/UK and Germany

    Guest, Feb 3, 2005