    elective for the MCSA. I have passed 210, 215, 271, 272, and 218 and both
    MCDST and MCSA are now showing up on my official transcript.

    Chris

    Chris, Feb 2, 2004

  2. It does.

    --
    Andy Ruth
    Microsoft Learning

    rights.

    Andy Ruth [MS], Feb 2, 2004

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Andy,

    I just reread my post and saw that it could be read as a question. What I
    meant was to tell people that it was working not just in theory but that it
    actually showed up on my transcript.

    Chris

    Chris, Feb 2, 2004
  4. Chris

    Guest Guest

    how does that work with MCSE though... Does it count as
    anything toward MCSE?

    message
    >> It does.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Andy Ruth
    >> Microsoft Learning
    >>
    >> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,

    and confers no
    >> rights.
    >>
    >> "Chris" <> wrote in

    message

    Guest, Feb 3, 2004
  5. Chris

    Kian Wah Lai Guest

    nope
    go to MS site and check it

    Kian Wah Lai, Feb 3, 2004
  6. Chris

    Chris Guest

    From what I can tell, it doesn't count toward the MCSE on 2000, but in a way
    it does toward 2003.
    The MCSA on 2000 counts as the elective for the MCSE on 2003, so if you took
    210 (or 270), 215, 218, and have the MCDST you are an MCSA on 2000. Then
    you would take the upgrade exam 292. Then the 293 and 294 core tests. Then
    either the 297 or 298 design tests.
    So theoretically you could get an MCDST, MCSA on 2000, and an MCSE on 2003
    by passing 9 tests. This might not look like any less than the 7 needed for
    MCSE and the 2 for MCDST, but if you have already taken some of the 2000
    tests, this is one of the few ways that I can see to use them to achieve
    2003 status.

    Chris

    Chris, Feb 3, 2004