MCDST & Application Support

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by KB, Feb 15, 2005.

  1. KB

    KB Guest

    Hello,

    I am an Application Support Analyst in the Healthcare
    industry. I support Industry specific applications for
    clinicians such as nurses physicians and customer support
    staff. My customers (the users) mostly access these
    applications on the client side via the Microsoft Windows
    2000 prof. desktop operating system, either on their
    desktops/Wyse devices, through citrix, our local intranet
    and some via VPN.

    Though I am not on the help desk, I at times, still have
    to spend some time deciphering whether or not an end users
    problem is really application base and/or actually an O.S.
    or connectivity issue.

    My question is, would the MCDST Certification be right for
    someone like me? I have no other Certs to speak of just
    1/2 years experience in I.T.

    Thanks for your time,

    KB
    KB, Feb 15, 2005

  2. While it may not be the exact fit for your job. It's definitely not wrong by
    any means. I say go for it. Personally I like the alphabet soup following my
    name :)

    --
    "The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

    justafreak.com
    ..

    The Rev \(MCT\), Feb 15, 2005

  3. KB

    KB Guest

    Good Answer:) And Thanks for the reply.

    As you said, it may not be the exact fit for my job. So
    how do I convince my current employer or a future employer
    that this certification is an aid an application analyst?

    Thanks!

    I'm always right.

    KB, Feb 15, 2005
  4. Well I think you could tell them while it may not be an exact fit, you are
    trying to further your education to keep current with the IT Industry.

    --
    "The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

    justafreak.com
    ..