    these technologies or has it been updated to Office 2007 and IE7? Thanks
    for your help.

    Andrew

    Andrew Kim, Jul 13, 2007

  2. Andrew Kim

    Maincat Guest

    "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns996C4FF8E6D4Ecatwalker63athotmail@216.196.97.136...
    > "Andrew Kim" <> prattled ceaselessly in
    >
    >> Hello everybody,
    >>
    >> I am trying to get my MCDST certification, I've already passed the
    >> 70-271. My concern is with the 70-272 exam. I have the MS Self Paced
    >> Training Kit and it references Office 2003 and IE 6. Does the test
    >> still concentrate on these technologies or has it been updated to
    >> Office 2007 and IE7? Thanks for your help.
    >>
    >> Andrew
    >>

    > Office 2007 and IE7 are not on the exam.
    >
    > BTW: Anyone else hate Office 2007? Especially Word? I'm rolling back
    > to 2003.
    >
    > --
    > Catwalker
    > MCNGP #43
    > www.mcngp.com
    > "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

    Why do you hate Office 2007? Is there a particular reason - I'm interested
    in that I thought about moving from 2003 to 2007.

    Maincat, Jul 13, 2007

  3. Andrew Kim

    CBIC Guest

    "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    > "Andrew Kim" <> prattled ceaselessly in
    >
    >> Hello everybody,
    >>
    >> I am trying to get my MCDST certification, I've already passed the
    >> 70-271. My concern is with the 70-272 exam. I have the MS Self Paced
    >> Training Kit and it references Office 2003 and IE 6. Does the test
    >> still concentrate on these technologies or has it been updated to
    >> Office 2007 and IE7? Thanks for your help.
    >>
    >> Andrew
    >>

    > Office 2007 and IE7 are not on the exam.
    >
    > BTW: Anyone else hate Office 2007? Especially Word? I'm rolling back
    > to 2003.

    I'm a true Sysadmin. I only use notepad.

    CBIC, Jul 13, 2007
  4. Andrew Kim

    djpimpdaddy Guest

    On Jul 13, 1:37 pm, "CBIC" <> wrote:
    > "catwalker63" <> wrote in message

    > > "Andrew Kim" <> prattled ceaselessly in

    > >> Hello everybody,

    > >> I am trying to get my MCDST certification, I've already passed the
    > >> 70-271. My concern is with the 70-272 exam. I have the MS Self Paced
    > >> Training Kit and it references Office 2003 and IE 6. Does the test
    > >> still concentrate on these technologies or has it been updated to
    > >> Office 2007 and IE7? Thanks for your help.

    > >> Andrew

    > > Office 2007 and IE7 are not on the exam.

    > > BTW: Anyone else hate Office 2007? Especially Word? I'm rolling back
    > > to 2003.

    > I'm a true Sysadmin. I only use notepad.- Hide quoted text -

    I finally got a Vista PC to play with at work. I was leary about
    Office 2007 for one single reason. When I synched my spiffy Nextel
    Crackberry it erased most of the fields on the phone when I resynched
    since in the Office 07 beta R2 and Office 07 Pro Plus (now using)
    Outlook stores most of the info in XML format, i think. Blackberry's
    software didn't know what to do with it so it just kinda erased it
    all. FINALLY blackberry updated their software and for once, I am
    using Vista business, Office 07 Pro Plus, and my crackberry at once.

    The leap is far but soooooo great when it all falls together. I think
    I was on an emotional high yesterday watching a M$ Live Meeting
    webcast on Server 2008 on my shiny new pc. It, like office 07 has a
    demanding learning curve, but it rocks once you "get it". I can
    honestly say that my MCDST cert training made it a heck of a lot
    easier. I know that no matter what Vista or office 07 looks like, deep
    down they have all the same exact settings. It's just a matter of
    digging them up. Once you master Outlook 2003, 07 is a breeze. A...
    pretty breeze....

    I have not checked but I imagine Office 07 is on the Vista tests.

    djpimpdaddy, Jul 13, 2007
  5. Andrew Kim

    Ike Guest

    I don't like the layout, I guess I got used to 2000, 2003 look. I like using
    the menu bar.

    Ike, Jul 13, 2007
  6. Andrew Kim

    CBIC Guest

    "catwalker63" <> wrote in message

    I'm not retarded or 4 1/2 years old,
    > so I don't need a bunch of gigantic icons.

    TMMLOL

    CBIC, Jul 13, 2007
  7. Andrew Kim

    TheITGirl Guest

    "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    > "Maincat" <> prattled ceaselessly in
    >

    >> "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Office 2007 and IE7 are not on the exam.
    >>>
    >>> BTW: Anyone else hate Office 2007? Especially Word? I'm rolling
    >>> back to 2003.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Catwalker
    >>> MCNGP #43
    >>> www.mcngp.com
    >>> "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

    >> Why do you hate Office 2007? Is there a particular reason - I'm
    >> interested in that I thought about moving from 2003 to 2007.
    >>

    > The main reason: Word saves to .docx format by default and I can't find
    > a way to change it and make it stick. I can change it so it stays for as
    > long as I'm logged into the computer but as soon as I log out and back
    > in, it's back. Argh!!
    >
    > Also, it defaults to double space and I can't get it to default to single
    > space. And I want my menus back. I'm not retarded or 4 1/2 years old,
    > so I don't need a bunch of gigantic icons.
    >
    > Bleh! Let's face it. I haven't been happy since I had to give up
    > WordPerfect. ;)
    >
    > --
    > Catwalker
    > MCNGP #43
    > www.mcngp.com
    > "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

    Hello Catwalker

    Ah, WordPerfect 5.1 - they don't make 'em like that anymore! Reveal Codes
    was such a brilliant feature - Microsoft's show/hide feature doesn't come
    close!

    My firm changed from WP5.1 for DOS to WP6.0a for Windows, and then
    ultimately to WP7.0 before finally succumbing to the domination of MS Word.
    I still think WP was more intuitive and easy to use than Word.

    ITGirl MCDST

    TheITGirl, Jul 14, 2007
  8. Andrew Kim

    Tom Guest

    Deb Shinder wrote about a third party program she uses to make Office 2007
    look like 2003. Check the winxpnews site for it, I think it was just this
    past summer so it shouldn't take too long to find it.

    Tom

    Tom, Sep 11, 2007