MCDST 271 & 272 exams, a couple of questions from a newbie.

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Mark, Mar 5, 2007.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Hi,

    I'm new to this board, so forgive me if these questions have been asked
    before.

    I already work on an IT helpdesk, supporting mainly XP, and thought it would
    be a good idea to get an exam qualification under my belt.

    Is it possible to do the exams using the books available, which I have seen
    for sale on Amazon, without doing the CBT or classroom courses?

    The reason I ask this is because I doubt my company will pay for the courses
    and so I will have to fund myself.

    What kind of timescale does it take to pass the exams?

    --
    Regards
    Mark

    Mark, Mar 5, 2007

  2. Mark

    Richard Guest

    Hello Mark
    Read thru many of the posts here and you will have your answers and more.
    For example see the thread dated 3/4 "passed my 70-271 today!!!"
    specifically Lisa's post 3/4 at 10:19 pm.

    > What kind of timescale does it take to pass the exams?

    That's a subjective question, it really depends on you, how much you already
    know
    and how well you learn the material.

    Richard

    Richard, Mar 5, 2007

  3. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Forgot to metion the books I have found.

    MCDST: Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician Study Guide (Exams 70
    - 271 and 70 - 272) (Hardcover)

    MCDST Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-271): Supporting Users and
    Troubleshooting a Microsoft® Windows® XP Operating System, Second Edition
    MCDST Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-272): Supporting Users and
    Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on Microsoft® Windows® XP, Second Edition

    --
    Regards
    Mark

    Mark, Mar 5, 2007
  4. Mark

    Jo Guest

    Mark:

    I went with the Microsoft Press books and a buddy of mine lent me his
    ExamCram2 books. This is what got me through the 70-271 test.
    --
    Motochick

    Jo, Mar 6, 2007