McCarthyism?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Caibre Riada, Nov 11, 2007.

  1. Caibre Riada

    Caibre Riada Guest

    MCCARTHYISM: THE ROSETTA STONE OF LIBERAL LIES
    November 7, 2007

    When I wrote a ferocious defense of Sen. Joe McCarthy in Treason:
    Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism , liberals
    chose not to argue with me. Instead they posted a scrolling series of
    reasons not to read my book, such as that I wear short skirts, date
    boys, and that "Treason" was not a scholarly tome.

    After printing rabidly venomous accounts of McCarthy for half a
    century based on zero research, liberals would only accept research
    presenting an alternative view of McCarthy that included, as the Los
    Angeles Times put it, at least the "pretense of scholarly
    throat-clearing and objectivity."

    This week, they got it. The great M. Stanton Evans has finally
    released Blacklisted by History: The Untold Story of Senator Joe
    McCarthy and His Fight Against America's Enemies . Based on a
    lifetime's work, including nearly a decade of thoroughgoing research,
    stores of original documents and never-before-seen government files,
    this 672-page book ends the argument on Joe McCarthy. Look for it
    hidden behind stacks of Bill Clinton's latest self-serving book at a
    bookstore near you.

    Evans' book is such a tour de force that liberals are already
    preparing a "yesterday's news" defense -- as if they had long ago
    admitted the truth about McCarthy. Yes, and they fought shoulder to
    shoulder with Ronald Reagan to bring down the Evil Empire. Thus,
    Publishers Weekly preposterously claims that "the history Evans
    relates is already largely known, if not fully accepted." Somebody
    better tell George Clooney.

    The McCarthy period is the Rosetta stone of all liberal lies. It is
    the textbook on how they rewrite history -- the sound chamber of
    liberal denunciations, their phony victimhood as they demean and
    oppress their enemies, their false imputation of dishonesty to their
    opponents, their legalization of every policy dispute, their ability
    to engage in lock-step shouting campaigns, and the black motives
    concealed by their endless cacophony.

    The true story of Joe McCarthy, told in meticulous, irrefutable detail
    in "Blacklisted by History," is that from 1938 to 1946, the Democratic
    Party acquiesced in a monstrous conspiracy being run through the State
    Department, the military establishment, and even the White House to
    advance the Soviet cause within the U.S. government.

    In the face of the Democrats' absolute refusal to admit to their
    fecklessness, fatuity and recklessness in allowing known Soviet spies
    to penetrate the deepest levels of government, McCarthy demanded an
    accounting.

    Even if one concedes to on-the-one-hand-on-the-other-hand whiners like
    Ronald Radosh that Truman's Secretary of State Dean Acheson didn't
    like communism, his record is what it was. And that record was to
    treat Soviet spies like members of the Hasty Pudding Club.

    Rather than own up to their moral blindness to Soviet espionage,
    Democrats fired up the liberal slander machine, which would be
    deployed again and again over the next half century to the present
    day. In hiding their own perfidy, liberals were guilty of every sin
    they lyingly imputed to McCarthy. There were no "McCarthyites" until
    liberals came along.

    Blacklisted by History proves that every conventional belief about
    McCarthy is wrong, including:

    -- That he lied about his war service: He was a tailgunner in World
    War II;
    -- That he was a drunk: He would generally nurse a single drink all
    night;
    -- That he made the whole thing up: He produced loads of Soviet spies
    in government jobs;
    -- That he just did it for political gain: He understood perfectly the
    godless evil of communism.

    Ironically, for all of their love of conspiracy theories -- the
    rigging of the 2000 election, vote suppression in Ohio in 2004, 9/11
    being an inside job, oil companies covering up miracle technology that
    would allow cars to run on dirt, Britney Spears' career, etc., etc. --
    when presented with an actual conspiracy of Soviet spies infiltrating
    the U.S. government, they laughed it off like world-weary skeptics and
    dedicated themselves to slandering Joe McCarthy.

    Then as now, liberals protect themselves from detection with wild
    calumnies against anybody who opposes them. They have no interest in
    -- or aptitude for -- persuasion. Their goal is to anathematize their
    enemies. Blacklisted by History removes the curse from one of the
    greatest patriots in American history.

    COPYRIGHT 2007 ANN COULTER
    DISTRIBUTED BY UNIVERSAL PRESS SYNDICATE
    4520 Main Street, Kansas City, MO 64111
    Caibre Riada, Nov 11, 2007

  2. Caibre Riada

    philo Guest

    "Caibre Riada" <> wrote in message
    > MCCARTHYISM: THE ROSETTA STONE OF LIBERAL LIES
    > November 7, 2007
    >

    > When I wrote a ferocious defense of Sen. Joe McCarthy in Treason:
    > Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism , liberals
    > chose not to argue with me. Instead they posted a scrolling series of
    > reasons not to read my book, such as that I wear short skirts, date
    > boys, and that "Treason" was not a scholarly tome.

    <snip>

    You are a complete idiot. Although it's true that liberals may have
    underestimated the evils of the USSR and their form of Communism...
    Sen. McCarthy *NEVER* unearthed one real Communist.

    All McCarthy did was ruin the careers of a lot of people who were no threat
    to the US.

    Now if someone was a true defender of the US and ended up doing more harm
    than good,
    that would be one thing... But McCarthy did NO good whatsoever!
    philo, Nov 11, 2007

  3. Caibre Riada

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 23:31:44 -0600, Caibre Riada <> wrote:

    >MCCARTHYISM: THE ROSETTA STONE OF LIBERAL LIES
    >November 7, 2007
    >

    >When I wrote a ferocious defense of Sen. Joe McCarthy in Treason:
    >Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism , liberals
    >chose not to argue with me. Instead they posted a scrolling series of
    >reasons not to read my book,

    <snipped crap>

    Good enough for me.

    --
    "... by God I *KNOW* what this network is for, and you can't have it."
    -- Russ Allbery, 3/31/98
    Mara, Nov 11, 2007
  4. Caibre Riada

    theokochen Guest

    theokochen, Nov 11, 2007
  5. Caibre Riada

    philo Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message

    > "Caibre Riada" <> wrote in message
    > > MCCARTHYISM: THE ROSETTA STONE OF LIBERAL LIES
    > > November 7, 2007
    > >

    > > When I wrote a ferocious defense of Sen. Joe McCarthy in Treason:
    > > Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism , liberals
    > > chose not to argue with me. Instead they posted a scrolling series of
    > > reasons not to read my book, such as that I wear short skirts, date
    > > boys, and that "Treason" was not a scholarly tome.
    > >

    > <snip>
    >
    > You are a complete idiot. Although it's true that liberals may have
    > underestimated the evils of the USSR and their form of Communism...
    > Sen. McCarthy *NEVER* unearthed one real Communist.
    >
    > All McCarthy did was ruin the careers of a lot of people who were no

    threat
    > to the US.
    >
    > Now if someone was a true defender of the US and ended up doing more harm
    > than good,
    > that would be one thing... But McCarthy did NO good whatsoever!

    Actually I missed the Ann Coulter sig...the first time I read it
    I guesss I was too amazed to scroll all the down!

    philo, Nov 11, 2007