    before I install the Norton CD.
    Thanks in advance.
    ron

    Ronald Murray, Mar 3, 2004

  2. Ronald Murray

    Brad Griffis Guest

    Have you tried going to Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs?
    Did that not work? If you go into C:\Program Files\McAffee (or whatever the
    directory is called) can you find an uninstall.exe file?

    Brad Griffis, Mar 3, 2004

  3. Ronald Murray

    mark mandel Guest

    > Hello
    > My Dell computer came with McAfee Security installed.
    > I purchased the Norton System Works 2004 .
    > How do I get rid of the McAfee? It will not go away.
    > No matter what I try it keeps coming back. I would like to get rid of it
    > before I install the Norton CD.
    > Thanks in advance.
    > ron

    Did you also try the Registry entry?

    mark mandel, Mar 3, 2004
  4. Ronald Murray

    LarryLamb Guest

    > Hello
    > My Dell computer came with McAfee Security installed.
    > I purchased the Norton System Works 2004 .
    > How do I get rid of the McAfee? It will not go away.
    > No matter what I try it keeps coming back. I would like to get rid of it
    > before I install the Norton CD.
    > Thanks in advance.
    > ron

    Take a look here: