    junk? I'm not having very good luck with Norton anymore and I need a new
    company to go to.

    Thanks.
    SoManyHaters, Sep 19, 2003

  2. SoManyHaters

    Patch Guest

    "SoManyHaters" <YouDon'> wrote in message
    > Does McAfee offer Virus software without Firewalls or any of that other
    > junk? I'm not having very good luck with Norton anymore and I need a new
    > company to go to.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Go to www.grisoft.com & check out AVG. It's free & the updates are free. I

    had nothing but trouble with McAfee.
    Patch, Sep 19, 2003

  3. SoManyHaters

    °Mike° Guest

    You should avoid McAfee altogether, IMO. Here are some alternatives:

    eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    Vet (Computer Associates)
    http://www.vet.com.au/html/products/index.html

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/software/antivirus/

    NOD32
    http://www.nod32.com/home/home.htm

    KAV
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    Norman Virus Control
    http://www.norman.com/products_nvc.shtml

    F-Prot
    http://www.f-prot.com/download/

    AVG
    http://www.grisoft.com/

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 17:26:14 -0400, in
    <>
    SoManyHaters scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 19, 2003
  4. SoManyHaters

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    > Does McAfee offer Virus software without Firewalls or any of that other
    > junk? I'm not having very good luck with Norton anymore and I need a new
    > company to go to.

    Yes it's called VirusScan. We use it at work and for the most part has
    served us well.
    Fuzzy Logic, Sep 22, 2003
  5. SoManyHaters

    AlanG Guest

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:49:13 GMT, Fuzzy Logic
    <> wrote:

    >"SoManyHaters" <YouDon'> wrote in
    >
    >> Does McAfee offer Virus software without Firewalls or any of that other
    >> junk? I'm not having very good luck with Norton anymore and I need a new
    >> company to go to.

    >Yes it's called VirusScan. We use it at work and for the most part has
    >served us well.

    We had version 6 on and got conflicts with other stuff we have
    running. Use AVguard now.

    --
    Alan G
    "The corporate life [of society] must be
    AlanG, Sep 22, 2003