    Outlook. This is what makes me wonder if this type of scan is necessary for
    complete protection.

    Many thanks for any advice.
    Lorenzo, Jun 14, 2007

  2. From: "Lorenzo" <>

    | Just has Virusscan Enterprise installed (version 8.5i). This was to replace
    | my old Norton which was way too slow.
    |
    | My worry is that Virusscan does not scan emails arriving via Outlook
    | Express. I cannot find out if this is a problem or not.
    |
    | The "On Access" scan does scan files when "writing to disk" or "reading from
    | disk" so does that mean any email virus would be detected before it was
    | activated?
    |
    | There is an "On Delivery Email Scan" option but that only works with
    | Outlook. This is what makes me wonder if this type of scan is necessary for
    | complete protection.
    |
    | Many thanks for any advice.

    That is NOT a problem. Any malware that is attached to emails will be scanned via the "On
    Access" disk scanner as soon as the file is extracted from the email.

    Otherwise, switch to MS Outlook tfrom the MS Office suite so you can use the MAPI scanning
    capabilities of v8.5i.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
    David H. Lipman, Jun 14, 2007

  3. Lorenzo

    Lorenzo Guest

    ..

    > That is NOT a problem. Any malware that is attached to emails will be
    > scanned via the "On
    > Access" disk scanner as soon as the file is extracted from the email.
    >
    > Otherwise, switch to MS Outlook tfrom the MS Office suite so you can use
    > the MAPI scanning
    > capabilities of v8.5i.

    Thanks, that is very helpful.

    L.