McAfee: unsupported SMTP extension?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Mike, Apr 23, 2005.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Hello,

    I installed the Mozilla Thunderbird email client and tested it out today
    by trying to send an email. I received a message from my McAfee program
    which reads:

    "McAfee has detected you are using an unsupported SMTP extension from
    your e-mail client".

    What setting might I have set in Thunderbird that caused it to use "an
    unsupported SMTP extension"? Can I change this setting? Should I ignore
    it and consider it a bug in McAfee? Is this a McAfee problem ot a
    Thunderbird problem or maybe no problem at all? Should I simply disable
    virus scanning of outgoing email?

    Thanks,

    --
    Mike
    Mike, Apr 23, 2005

  2. Mike

    Mike Guest

    >>What setting might I have set in Thunderbird that caused it to use "an
    >>unsupported SMTP extension"? Can I change this setting? Should I ignore it
    >>and consider it a bug in McAfee? Is this a McAfee problem ot a Thunderbird
    >>problem or maybe no problem at all? Should I simply disable virus scanning
    >>of outgoing email?
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>

    > Again, you should seek out an AV NG. May I also suggest that you find
    > another NG other than this NG as things are pretty bad in this NG as this NG
    > is pretty much shot to Hell.
    >
    > K-**** :)

    Thanks for the advice!

    --