    reset to 200.

    Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

    Paul
    Atlas Shrugged, May 1, 2005

  2. Atlas Shrugged

    °Mike° Guest

    In <>,
    Atlas Shrugged took 15 lines to utter:

    >For some unknown reason, Spamkiller changes the POP3 incoming email port to
    >200 instead of the 110 that I set it at. This prevents Outlook Express from
    >downloading the email from Spamkiller. Even their technical support hasn't
    >been able to correct this issue. So, my question is this. Instead of going
    >into Spamkiller and changing the port back to 110 ever week or so, can I set
    >the POP3 incoming email port to 200 in Outlook Express and leave it that
    >way? This will avoid the conflict that OE has when the Spamkiller port is
    >reset to 200.
    >
    >Thanks in advance for all suggestions.
    >
    >Paul

    No. Spamkiller acts as a local proxy (port 200) for the POP (110) port -- OE
    won't be able to POP mail from port 200 directly.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, May 1, 2005

  3. Atlas Shrugged

    x@y Guest

    "Atlas Shrugged" <> wrote in message
    > For some unknown reason, Spamkiller changes the POP3 incoming email port
    > to 200 instead of the 110 that I set it at. This prevents Outlook Express
    > from downloading the email from Spamkiller. Even their technical support
    > hasn't been able to correct this issue. So, my question is this. Instead
    > of going into Spamkiller and changing the port back to 110 ever week or
    > so, can I set the POP3 incoming email port to 200 in Outlook Express and
    > leave it that way? This will avoid the conflict that OE has when the
    > Spamkiller port is reset to 200.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for all suggestions.
    >
    > Paul

    Hi Paul,
    See if anyone is using Spamkiller,
    here: http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/index.php
    Good Luck, x@y
    x@y, May 1, 2005
  4. "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > In <>,
    > Atlas Shrugged took 15 lines to utter:
    >
    >>For some unknown reason, Spamkiller changes the POP3 incoming email port
    >>200 instead of the 110 that I set it at. This prevents Outlook Express
    >>from
    >>downloading the email from Spamkiller. Even their technical support
    >>hasn't
    >>been able to correct this issue. So, my question is this. Instead of
    >>going
    >>into Spamkiller and changing the port back to 110 ever week or so, can I
    >>set
    >>the POP3 incoming email port to 200 in Outlook Express and leave it that
    >>way? This will avoid the conflict that OE has when the Spamkiller port is
    >>reset to 200.
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance for all suggestions.
    >>
    >>Paul

    > No. Spamkiller acts as a local proxy (port 200) for the POP (110) port --
    > OE
    > won't be able to POP mail from port 200 directly.
    >
    > --
    > Basic computer maintenance

    OE gets its mail from Spamkiller which acts as a server. Spamkiller
    downloads the mail from the ISP and stores it in a folder on the harddrive.
    So if Spamkiller is getting the email while using 200, will OE connect to
    Spamkiller at port 200? Maybe I'll just try it the next time Spamkiller
    changes the port number.
    Atlas Shrugged, May 2, 2005
  5. Atlas Shrugged

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, May 2, 2005
  6. Spamkiller changed the Email POP3 incoming mail port to 200 again. It seems
    like every Saturday it changes it back to 200 from 110. I went into Outlook
    Express and changed the port from 110 to 200. All the mail downloads from
    Spamkiller now with no problem. I had to change it on all the accounts. So
    I'll leave it like this and hopefully, everything will work fine.

    Atlas Shrugged, May 8, 2005
  7. Atlas Shrugged

    dwacon Guest

    > Spamkiller changed the Email POP3 incoming mail port to 200 again. It
    > seems like every Saturday it changes it back to 200 from 110. I went into
    > Outlook Express and changed the port from 110 to 200. All the mail
    > downloads from Spamkiller now with no problem. I had to change it on all
    > the accounts. So I'll leave it like this and hopefully, everything will
    > work fine.

    I was an early fan of Spamkiller but eventually dumped it for SpamPal...
    cheaper and IME better.

    --
    The Runaway Bride...
    She'll stage a kidnapping to avoid a wedding!
    dwacon, May 9, 2005