    Thanks,
    Deveric
    , Dec 6, 2006

  2. Ed Guest

    Dump that piece of crap and get Norton Anti-Virus 2007
    Ed, Dec 6, 2006

  3. Amy Guest

    wrote:
    > Downloaded JewelQuest.exe which is an Internet game. I put the address
    > in the trusted sites on my computer but I am still getting this message
    > across the screen whenever I am ready to shut down my computer: "McAfee
    > has detected a potentially unauthorized change to your computer.
    >
    > Details: SystemGuard Name:Internet Explorer Security Zones Change:
    > Registry Created How do I stop this from trying to change my registry?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Deveric

    Even if you add it to a trusted site, it is trying to make changes to
    the security settings of IE - which is not considered to part of the
    program or the web address. I am not terribly familiar with McAfee, but
    you should be able to change the security settings in McAfee to accept
    new security settings for IE. As for the game, I'm assuming it is an
    online game that allows you to connect to other players. If you do that
    through IE, it has to change security settings in order to accept
    certain cookies.
    Amy, Dec 6, 2006
  4. Ed wrote:

    > dl_mcfadden wrote:

    [restoring quoted material:]
    >> "McAfee has detected a potentially unauthorized change to your
    >> computer.

    > Dump that piece of crap and get Norton Anti-Virus 2007

    Dump one piece of crap for another? How funny is that!

    --
    -bts
    -Could ... not ... resist ...
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 6, 2006
  5. Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 23:59:36 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >Dump one piece of crap for another? How funny is that!

    Yeah, get rid of one bloated piece of crap for another bloated piece
    of crap.
    Evan Platt, Dec 7, 2006