    (neighbors) who asked me to look into this are tired of it.

    Thanks so much,

    Patty

    Patty Amas, Oct 31, 2004

  2. Patty Amas wrote:
    > I have a friend who has XP and we disabled this Privace Center in each
    > account. Yet still it pops-up and asks for a password. Is there anyway
    > to shut this annoyance down? I realize why it is there and prevents
    > unauthorized Internet use without a password but the people
    > (neighbors) who asked me to look into this are tired of it.
    >
    > Thanks so much,
    >
    > Patty

    Go into Control Panel, open up Add/Remove programs and get rid of any
    instance of Mcafee products there.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 31, 2004

  3. Patty Amas

    Patty Amas Guest

    Well that is a bit severe but a solution. Even then McAfee from my
    knowledge never is removed fully.
    Thanks,
    Patty

    Patty Amas, Nov 1, 2004
  4. Patty Amas

    Toolman Tim Guest

    That's the case with my boss's laptop. It came with some gawd-awful online
    McAfee crap that conflicted with our network AV programs. I have never been
    able to get rid of it, and it keeps the company's AV from updating
    correctly.

    >| Well that is a bit severe but a solution. Even then McAfee from my
    >| knowledge never is removed fully.
    >| Thanks,
    >| Patty
    >|
    >| Rôgêr <> wrote in message

    >| > Go into Control Panel, open up Add/Remove programs and get rid of
    >| > any instance of Mcafee products there.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Nov 1, 2004
  5. Well, you did say "get rid of this" and that's precisely what I'd do if
    it were my computer, even if it weren't giving them that problem. A good
    antivirus and a good firewall beats the crap out of McAfee locking
    everything down. Of course, that's my opinion

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 1, 2004
  6. Patty Amas

    Patty Amas Guest

    How about Norton AV solution and their firewall of a different
    firewall coupled with their AV and Norton Utilities product. I find
    Ghost indeispensable and WinDoctor quite guide.
    Unfortuantely Dell just made a large blunder with the sale of their
    Inspiron 5160 laptop bundled with Norton Internet Security. You can
    receive no Interent signal (directly connected or wireless) without
    uninstalling this program. This I saw first hand and was informed by 2
    users of this laptop who called Dell support. Always something. But at
    times I have seen NIS work great and McAfee not.

    Patty

    Patty Amas, Nov 5, 2004