    back on it again. Can anyone help me to get rid of all references relating
    to McAfee?

    Thanks for any advice.
    Guest, Feb 12, 2007

  2. Guest

    Otter Guest

    In news:0cZzh.17286$,
    <<Scottie>> <<Scottie> typed:
    > Can someone please tell me how I get rid of McAfee anti-virus
    > remnants on my computer? I switched from McAfee anti-virus software
    > over to ZoneAlare Pro, but I don't think the friend that uninstalled
    > McAfee used the proper method? I have tried every way I know to get
    > rid of them. I have used "Vcom SystemSuite 7 Professional" "RegCure"
    > "eTrust Internet Security Centre Pest Control" "Ad-Aware SE
    > Profession" "SpyBot Search & Destroy" and ZoneAlarm Professional". I
    > can delete them but when I start-up the computer they are back on it
    > again. Can anyone help me to get rid of all references relating to
    > McAfee?
    > Thanks for any advice.

    See -
    http://www.lockergnome.com/nexus/blade/2006/12/08/uninstall-mcafee-security-products/ .
    Otter, Feb 12, 2007

  3. Guest

    Keme Guest

    <<Scottie>> skrev:
    > Can someone please tell me how I get rid of McAfee anti-virus remnants on my
    > computer? I switched from McAfee anti-virus software over to ZoneAlare Pro,
    > but I don't think the friend that uninstalled McAfee used the proper method?
    > I have tried every way I know to get rid of them. I have used "Vcom
    > SystemSuite 7 Professional" "RegCure" "eTrust Internet Security Centre Pest
    > Control" "Ad-Aware SE Profession" "SpyBot Search & Destroy" and ZoneAlarm
    > Professional". I can delete them but when I start-up the computer they are
    > back on it again. Can anyone help me to get rid of all references relating
    > to McAfee?
    >
    > Thanks for any advice.

    Most vendors offering a time limited trial will want to mark computers
    as "not eligible for trial install" if the software has already been
    installed. In that case, traces may be hidden in multiple locations.
    Best bet for complete removal of "untidy" software is to reformat and
    reinstall system from scratch. There may be a cleanup possibility for
    McAfee, though, so don't take that low road too soon...
    Keme, Feb 12, 2007