    your PC was 162. The template rule in effect for this traffic was "Unknown
    traffic".'

    Thanks for any insight and/or advice.

    tRuthvalue, Sep 18, 2003

  2. tRuthvalue

    Spider Guest

    > I'm running a LinkSys home router which is addressed at 192.168.1.1. If I
    > enable McAfee Firewall, it logs the following violation approximately every
    > 5-10 seconds. This occurs even when nothing like ICQ or AIM is running.
    > These packets being "blocked" don't seem to be causing a problem, but I'd
    > like to know what's going on. I've paid my dues in the McAfee help system,
    > but can't find an answer.
    >
    > Here is the message appearing every 5-10 seconds:
    >
    > 'McAfee Firewall blocked an incoming UDP packet. The remote address
    > associated with the traffic was 192.168.1.1 (port 12842). The local port on
    > your PC was 162. The template rule in effect for this traffic was "Unknown
    > traffic".'
    >
    > Thanks for any insight and/or advice.

    Do you have any port forwarding going on in your Linksys configs? Do you or have you used music sharing software? As long as the firewall is blocking it there probably is not much to worry about. It's the ones that you don't get notified of that causes problems :)

    Spider
    http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

    --
    Composed with Newz Crawler 1.5 http://www.newzcrawler.com/

    Spider, Sep 18, 2003

  3. tRuthvalue

    tRuthvalue Guest

    Thanks Spider,

    No music sharing now but in the past there was. I restarted the router,
    getting a new IP number, and the UDP's stopped.

    --tRuth

    tRuthvalue, Sep 19, 2003
  4. tRuthvalue

    Plato Guest

    tRuthvalue wrote:

    > like to know what's going on. I've paid my dues in the McAfee help system,
    > but can't find an answer.

    So, What did you get for your money????

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/