    have to subscribe with anti virus when xtra should provide it for free.
    What do I do?
    Sam

    Sami Nadan, Dec 21, 2004

  2. Sami Nadan

    Guest

    All you should do is call your Virus protection software company and
    ask what is goin on and tell them your question and they should fix
    that for you the number to call for Mcafee is 800-338-8754
    Dustin Yuengling
    Professional IT tech Manager

    , Dec 21, 2004

  3. Sami Nadan

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Sami Nadan" <> wrote in message
    |I always get a message as soon as I turn my PC on. The message says that I
    | have to subscribe with anti virus when xtra should provide it for free.
    | What do I do?
    | Sam

    Don't you think you should be asking "xtra" that question? Not this
    international news group?

    Toolman Tim, Dec 21, 2004
  4. Sami Nadan

    PC Guest

    "Sami Nadan" <> wrote in message
    >I always get a message as soon as I turn my PC on. The message says that I
    > have to subscribe with anti virus when xtra should provide it for free.
    > What do I do?
    > Sam

    Sam

    Xtra's email virus scanner and McAfee Anti Virus are two different
    programs/services.

    Xtra your ISP provides 'bulk' scanning of emails as one of it's customer
    services. This 'service' is provided free to all Xtra customers.

    Despite this 'free' Virus scanning done by Xtra it is accepted that each
    user (you) should install their own 'Anti Virus' scanner. This is because
    Xtra's Anti Virus scanner cannot be guaranteed to remove all Virus's. More
    importantly Virus writers have developed ways of getting Virus's onto PC's
    that bypass email channels.

    From your description you have McAfee Anti Virus installed on your PC. This
    is 'your' Anti Virus scanner and is your personal responsibility to keep up
    to date.
    McAfee charge an annual 'subscription fee' for the updates to it's program
    that allow it to recognise new virus's.
    It would appear your 'subscription' has run out and the McAfee program is
    reminding you it's time to pay for another year.

    Cheers
    Paul

    PC, Dec 22, 2004