    it? Also, when I try to update the virus definitions, it says that it cannot
    locate the repository, which I believe means that it cannot find the McAfee
    website to download from.
    j, Feb 7, 2007

  2. j

    Alex Clayton Guest

    "j" <> wrote in message
    news:EVlyh.2361$...
    >I have McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise version 7.1.01 that will not enable.
    > When I bring up the McAfee Virusscan console it says that it is disabled,
    > When I right click it and select "enable" it enables for a second or two
    > then immediately disables itself. Can someone tell me what to do to enable
    > it? Also, when I try to update the virus definitions, it says that it
    > cannot
    > locate the repository, which I believe means that it cannot find the
    > McAfee
    > website to download from.

    Have you paid for it, or is this some that came with a computer? If you have
    a current subscription, call them. It can be a PITA but you can eventually
    get through to someone. If you do not have a current subscription, download
    AVG Free, and delete all the McAfee.
    --
    "Little girls, like butterflies, need no excuse".

    Lazarus Long
    Alex Clayton, Feb 7, 2007

  3. For excellent security info:
    http://www.seniorsguidetocomputers.com/security.asp

    Seniors Guide to Computers, Feb 11, 2007
  4. j

    j1mb0jay Guest

    j wrote:
    > I have McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise version 7.1.01 that will not
    > enable. When I bring up the McAfee Virusscan console it says that it
    > is disabled, When I right click it and select "enable" it enables for
    > a second or two then immediately disables itself. Can someone tell me
    > what to do to enable it? Also, when I try to update the virus
    > definitions, it says that it cannot locate the repository, which I
    > believe means that it cannot find the McAfee website to download from.

    I know its a little of the point but i think you should try Avast really
    good and free.

    Regards JJ (UWA)
    j1mb0jay, Feb 15, 2007
  5. Yes, Avast is an excellent, free antivirus tool as is AVG.

    Seniors Guide to Computers, Feb 16, 2007