    I knew the differences of their requirements, but I just
    could not justify my time working toward MCSD. Does
    anybody see any real world value of MCSD over MCAD?

    howBig, Jul 23, 2004

  2. In news: 2dd201c470d3$cf2deb80$,
    howBig <> wrote:
    > I knew the differences of their requirements, but I just
    > could not justify my time working toward MCSD. Does
    > anybody see any real world value of MCSD over MCAD?

    Lots of people don't see any "real world value" in having a certification,
    but everyone sees value in the knowledge you acquire as you prepare for
    certification or otherwise study and work with technology in areas where you
    are weak.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Jul 25, 2004

  3. howBig

    Eric Guest

    howBig wrote:

    > I knew the differences of their requirements, but I just
    > could not justify my time working toward MCSD. Does
    > anybody see any real world value of MCSD over MCAD?

    It largely depends on the level of job you are seeking. If you want an
    entry-level, or maybe a mid-level job, then MCAD should be fine.

    I'd hate to apply for a senior position without having an MCSD on my
    resume, though.

    Eric

    Eric, Jul 26, 2004
  4. howBig

    Alen Guest

    That's the answer I'd go with. It depends on your personal
    goals. I spent 8 years programming vb apps without any
    certifications. Over time it began to matter more and more
    that I have the paper to show for it. So I got the MCSD
    and employers left me alone. If the MCAD had been
    available, I'd probably have tried that first just because
    I could get it over with quicker.

    Alen

    Alen, Jul 29, 2004