MCAD - VB Track

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Donna French, Sep 28, 2004.

  1. Donna French

    Donna French Guest

    I have recently started studying and working toward my
    MCAD. Before I found this group I had already bought MS
    VB.NET Step by Step, and I must say after reading it I
    can't believe I bought it. It was great for getting an
    understanding of how VB.NET works but not for learning
    how to actually apply the knowledge in the real world.

    Now I'm about to move on and work through Mike's book for
    70-305 and from what I can tell so far it will be great.

    I have taken a VB.NET beginner's class at the local
    college and have been doing Windows apps using VB.NET for
    about 6 months now. After some research in the job market
    I'm not sure why anyone would study the Windows forms
    side of VB.NET. Unless maybe planning to go to work for a
    software company, everyone else appears to be running
    most applications thru a web browser.

    Anyone else done some job market research and found
    anything interesting to consider? I like doing windows
    apps but haven't found much out there for this.

    Thanks,
    Donna

    Donna French, Sep 28, 2004

  2. Donna French

    Hermit Dave Guest

    job market is a very localised thing. i have seen lots of winforms
    requirement in london though a large chunk of it is using c#.
    ASP.NET is indeed a pretty good thin client solution. As a programmer /
    developer (i prefer programmer makes it sounds more real) one should have
    hands on to both winforms and webforms. There are times when one is more
    appropriate in a particular circumstance over the other. Knowning when helps
    and when you have hands on to both you get the feel.

    Hope that helped..

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave