    is the official title of this mcad certification:
    MCAD for Microsoft .NET Certification or just MCAD
    Certification?

    Jody, Dec 18, 2003

  2. Cindy Winegarden, Dec 18, 2003

  3. Jody

    Mas Jabier Guest

    Or simply you can just put MCAD.Net next to your name.

    Rgds,

    Jody Ananda,MCAD.Net,MCSD.Net

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/compare.asp, it
    looks like

    Mas Jabier, Dec 19, 2003
  4. Jody

    Guest Guest

    But as there is only one MCAD what else could it be
    but .NET ?

    If you read the guidlines then once you attain MCSD then
    that is the only cert you should display, not MCAD as
    well ! MCAD is a stepping stone qualification for those
    who may not be solution architects but still develop
    applications.

    Guest, Dec 19, 2003
  5. Jody

    pedant Guest

    MCSD.NET and MCAD.NET are NOT legal name suffixes. Legally
    you are only allowed to put certain suffixes against your
    name, such as BSc for a degree, phD, etc.

    Putting an illegal suffix against your name is as bad as
    using an illegal prefix, like Prof, or Dr.

    Don't do it!!!!

    Eur Ing Pedant MEng CEng MIEE MCAD.Net MCSD.Net (whoops)

    pedant, Dec 19, 2003
  6. In news: 09e101c3c611$2429f8e0$,
    pedant <> wrote:
    > .... NOT legal name suffixes. Legally
    > you are only allowed to put certain suffixes against your
    > name, such as BSc for a degree, phD, etc.

    Ultimately, we're not representing anything legal like a license to
    "practice" IT; we're just providing more information about ourselves.

    I've never heard any type of "rules" about what's legal or not other than in
    some states you can't have a job title such as Software Engineer since
    engineer is reserved for licensed engineers (PE in my state.) Also, in some
    states licensed therapists and social workers are _required_ to include the
    alphabet soop after their names.

    Can you point to a web resource that tells what's "legal" and what's not?

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Dec 19, 2003
  7. but you can put it on your business card as a mark of skill.
    then it is not a name suffix.

    besides, i can call myself a senior vice duke of engineering if i want to.

    kind regards,
    Bruno.

    Bruno van Dooren, Dec 19, 2003
  8. there is MCAD to indicate that you got your certs in VS6, and there is MCAD
    ..NET to indicate that you got your skills in VS .NET.

    kind regards,
    Bruno.

    Bruno van Dooren, Dec 19, 2003
  9. In news: ,
    Bruno van Dooren <> wrote:
    > there is MCAD to indicate that you got your certs in VS6,

    Um, I assume that's a typo and you meant MCSD for VS6. MCAD is new for
    VS.NET.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Dec 20, 2003
  10. Jody

    Mas Jabier Guest

    Refer to
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/success/default.asp
    to read the success stories, or just read embury's
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/success/embury.asp.

    Internally, we know that MCSD should be also MCAD, and a
    MCT should have get one of this credentials MCSD,MCDBA or
    MCSE.

    But remember, this is just to show what certifications
    have earned for that MCP.

    Regards,

    Jody Ananda
    MCAD.NET,MCSD.NET

    Mas Jabier, Dec 21, 2003
  11. It was no typo. i knew about MCSD for VS6, and i thought MCAD existed as
    well.
    seems i was wrong.
    (that is known to happen from time to time. especially if you are married,
    then you are wrong more often than not :))

    kind regards,
    Bruno.

    Bruno van Dooren, Dec 22, 2003