    preparation, what is the minimum timeperiod that i should be targeting,
    to be ready to take the exam?

    , Sep 6, 2006

  2. Sept. 6, 2006

    When I first entered into the windows/web field with no previous
    experience, I read around 3-4 books per exam... with a target period of
    around 3-4 months.

    I really didn't have any "measurable" programming experience with VB or
    ..net, so considering you are already a developer in other areas.... you
    probably can get through the books & studying quite a lot faster.

    Hope this helps!

    --
    Joseph Bittman
    Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

    Web Site/Blog: http://CactiDevelopers.ResDev.Net/

    Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD, Sep 6, 2006

  3. Guest

    Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD wrote:
    > Sept. 6, 2006
    >
    > When I first entered into the windows/web field with no previous
    > experience, I read around 3-4 books per exam... with a target period of
    > around 3-4 months.
    >
    > I really didn't have any "measurable" programming experience with VB or
    > .net, so considering you are already a developer in other areas.... you
    > probably can get through the books & studying quite a lot faster.
    >
    > Hope this helps!

    thank you, it does !!

    > --
    > Joseph Bittman
    > Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
    > Microsoft Most Valuable Professional -- DPM
    >
    > Web Site/Blog: http://CactiDevelopers.ResDev.Net/
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > > I am a recent graduate and an MFC application developer at a firm. I
    > > have no experience in .NET. Given this information, if i want to take
    > > up the exam (The C# application/web development), basically by self
    > > preparation, what is the minimum timeperiod that i should be targeting,
    > > to be ready to take the exam?

    , Sep 7, 2006