    and go for MCPD?

    Thanks,
    Ken

    Ken Yu, Jul 5, 2006

  2. Ken Yu

    SuperCoder Guest

    It all depends on what you really want to do.
    If you are working with Framework 1.0 then go for MCAD.NET otherwise go for
    MCPD.

    SuperCoder, Jul 5, 2006

  3. Ken Yu

    Ol Heinz Guest

    I have the same problem. I will go for MCAD, then it's one upgrade exam to
    MCPD.
    Exam 70-547: PRO: Designing and Developing Web Applications by Using the
    Microsoft .NET Framework

    Am I right?

    Ol Heinz, Jul 6, 2006
  4. Ken Yu

    delly_jm Guest

    THis is the route i'd recommend, that's the one i'm taking.

    delly_jm, Jul 6, 2006
  5. Ken Yu

    sprayer Guest

    That is what I am doing as well. Planning on taking the 70-551 MCPD-Web
    upgrade exam in 2 weeks.

    Exams 70-551 MCPD-Web and 70-552 MCPD-Windows are the MCAD upgrade exams.

    Later
    sprayer

    sprayer, Jul 7, 2006
  6. Ken Yu

    Ken Yu Guest

    What exams did you take or are going to take?

    Ken

    Ken Yu, Jul 7, 2006
  7. Ken Yu

    sprayer Guest

    Sorry I did not reply sooner.
    70-315
    70-316
    70-320

    70-320 was the hardest for me, because the exam has no real focus. The
    questions keep jumping from ADO to COM+ to Remoting to Web Services, so it
    was hard to get in a rhythm.

    I did not pass the 70-551. :( Scheduled to take it again in 2 weeks.
    Crammed for about 1 week and felt good going into the exam. But my study
    material was not up to par, I used MeasureUp to study. The MeasureUp
    question coverage for exam 70-551 was not the greatest; it did not cover
    enough topics. 70-551 exam is 3 sections 88 questions. I am going to
    studying for each exam separately this time 70-528, 70-536 & 70-547 and focus
    a lot on 70-528 and 70-547.

    Later
    sprayer

    sprayer, Jul 24, 2006
  8. Sprayer,

    What was the outcome of your 70-551 exam? I am about to start studying for
    it and hope to take of before the end of December. Any tips you can give?

    Mike

    Mike Wells MCAD, Oct 26, 2006
  9. Ken Yu

    sprayer Guest

    Did not pass. :) I get most of my study material for cost and my exams are
    free, so I took the test earlier then what I should have.

    The exam is broken out into 3 sections about 40 questions each.
    70-536 Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - Application Development Foundation
    70-528 Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - Web-Based Client Development
    70-547 PRO: Designing and Developing Web Applications by Using the Microsoft
    ..NET Framework

    The 70-547 gave me the most trouble. Sorry I can give you some more info,
    it’s been 2 months.

    The study material I used was not great. I used MeasureUp to study for the
    MCPD. I have used MeasureUp for my MCAD and it worked fine, but for the
    70-551 it was not as good. Also, I did not give myself enough time to study
    either and I was not writing a lot of 2.0 code then. The Microsoft
    E-Learning courses are ok though they help. I would recommend mastering each
    exam separately, plan for about a 20hrs worth of studying time (DOE with
    2.0). I have not tried again since, life keeps getting in the way. I am
    going to try again when the MCPD Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-547):
    Designing and Developing Web-Based Applications Using the Microsoft .NET
    Framework comes out.

    I would like to get my MCSD as well, but I am still not sure.

    sprayer, Oct 26, 2006