MCAD.NET

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Eric, Jan 19, 2005.

  1. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Hello,

    I have the following questions and hope you can help:

    1. I'm thinking of obtaining a MCAD.NET certificate. How
    useful is it in today's market?

    2. Which stream is more marketable and useful: MCAD.NET
    (Window-based applications or
    Web applications)?

    3. Microsoft has its list of book recommendations for the
    MCAD.NET title, e.g.:

    - MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Developing Windows-
    Based Applications with
    Microsoft Visual Basic.NET and Microsoft Visual C#.NET,
    Second Edition
    - Microsoft ADO.NET Step by Step

    I read the reader reviews on Amazon. And they are ALL very
    bad! So my question is How do you find these books, are
    they useful? If not, what books did YOU use in preparation
    for the exams?

    Thanks.

    Eric, Jan 19, 2005

  2. Eric

    Raja Guest

    Eric,

    MCAD.Net can be obtained in VB.Net or C# track (or both as the 2 languages
    can be mixed). The track includes BOTH windows and web exams, it's not one or
    the other.

    Mike's books for the vb.net track and Amit's books for the C# track are
    considered the best. Since I don't know whether you're interested in vb.net
    or c#, Iam giving you links for both on Amazon.com

    MCAD VB.net track books (70-3xx are the exam numbers)
    70-305 : http://tinyurl.com/56cmr
    70-306 : http://tinyurl.com/5hapf
    70-310 : http://tinyurl.com/52oav
    Errata : http://www.larkware.com/TGErrata.txt

    MCAD C# track books (70-3xx are the exam numbers)
    70-315 : http://tinyurl.com/4rhh7
    70-316 : http://tinyurl.com/64coq
    70-320 : http://tinyurl.com/6oeo4

    Apart from the certification prep books, these 2 books are very good and
    useful for pre-cert prep
    ADO.Net Book : http://tinyurl.com/5fad9
    Asp.net Unleashed : http://tinyurl.com/6ch54

    As for your first question, I would say certification is more useful
    combined with experience. But, remember it always pays off to prepare and do
    the certs than resorting to some braindumps and cheating your way through it !

    Good luck !

    Raja, Jan 23, 2005