    Can u have any idia about this pls mail me.

    Regards
    S Rajkumar
    S Rajkumar, Oct 5, 2004

  2. S Rajkumar

    Raja Guest

    Re : MCAD Metrials

    These are the best books for MCAD C# track. The 315 exam
    is the web one.
    70-315 : http://tinyurl.com/4rhh7
    70-316 : http://tinyurl.com/64coq
    70-320 : http://tinyurl.com/6oeo4

    Also, you might want to check out these tomes on ADO.net
    and ASP.net as well.
    ADO.Net Book : http://tinyurl.com/5fad9
    Asp.net Unleashed : http://tinyurl.com/6ch54

    Good luck !

    - Raja.

    Raja, Oct 5, 2004

  3. S Rajkumar

    Saga Guest

    Raja, I have a question (actually questions, as it turns out ;-)). As I
    am also
    looking for books I was quite interested in the URL that you posted for
    the
    ASP.NET book. I had a look at it, but the reviewers mention that the
    author
    did not use VS.NET to build the ASP examples, rather he used Notepad.
    Given this, how useful is this book for some one who wants to take the
    next
    step and learn ASP, with VS.NET development under his/her belt?

    Is it beneficial to not use VS.NET? How about for people who want to use
    this book for preperation for an exam? Will they become "experts" in
    using
    Notepad and the command line interface when MS will test them on the use
    of VS.NET to build ASP stuff? If you have read this book, what was your
    opinion of it, in regard to these questions that I raise.

    I should also mention that the actual content of the book received
    positive
    critisism.

    Thanks
    Saga

    Saga, Oct 5, 2004
  4. S Rajkumar

    Raja Guest

    Saga,

    You asked a very good question and this was exactly the
    same question I also had in mind, when I started learning
    Asp.net.

    The truth is VS.net is only an IDE. It it true that it's
    a very useful tool and very widely used one. But, Asp.net
    is a technology and you can learn a technology using
    several tools (VS.net, notepad etc.) As you start
    learning asp.net, you will realize that doing it through
    Notepad is the fastest and easiest while using Vs.net
    maybe sometimes a distraction. That's why the author uses
    Notepad since that gets the job quickly done !

    Again, I'm not disputing the merit of VS.net. You need to
    know and use it in commercial development since it does a
    lot of things automatically for you. But, during
    learning, this can be an impediment and that's why
    notepad would be the best route to go. Of course, once
    you know the things in Asp.net, you can always start
    using VS.net to do the projects. But, for learning and
    knowing the things, Notepad provides the fastest way to
    do it ! People who don't understand this may have
    criticised his book on Amazon, but from all the asp.net
    books that I read so far, my opinion is that Stephen
    Walther's book is the best.

    Also, though the exams mention that you need to use
    VS.net, so far I have not seen anything in the exam that
    directly refers to VS.net.

    The Amazon link is http://tinyurl.com/6ch54

    - Raja.

    Raja, Oct 6, 2004
  5. S Rajkumar

    Saga Guest

    Thank you for your reply Raja, much appreciated!

    Saga

    Saga, Oct 6, 2004
  6. S Rajkumar

    Jason Guest

    Hi,

    For a full list of MCAD/MCSD.NET-related books:
    http://www.aspnetworld.com/store/Books/1210-1.aspx

    If you're just interested in exam 70-315 (ASP.NET/C#):
    http://www.aspnetworld.com/store/Books/1250-1.aspx

    (If you care about which book is more popular, the list of books are
    ranked by sales.)

    I personally use Amit Kalani's books (published by Que) and his range
    of books is one of the better certification prep books in the market.

    Regards,
    JO

    Jason, Oct 13, 2004