    order.
    Thanks in advance
    Xavi

    Xavier Mundó, Jun 9, 2004

  2. Xavier Mundó

    Me2 Guest

    306 follows very closely with the exam content, then take 320.

    --
    Ralph Page MBA, CMBA, MCAD .Net, MCDBA 2000, MCSE 2000, CCNA
    "Every man is born into the world to do something unique and something
    "Xavier Mundó" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > I recently passed 70-305 exam (yeah!) and I would like to know which exam
    > would be better to take on now. I would like to obtain the MCAD
    > certification first and perhaps MCSD after, so I'm very concerned about

    exam

    Me2, Jun 9, 2004

  3. Xavier Mundó

    Me2 Guest

    My bad, you don't need 306 for the MCAD. Take 320 then an elective exam.

    Me2, Jun 9, 2004
  4. Xavier Mundó

    Eric Guest

    Xavier Munds wrote:

    > I recently passed 70-305 exam (yeah!) and I would like to know which
    > exam would be better to take on now. I would like to obtain the MCAD
    > certification first and perhaps MCSD after, so I'm very concerned
    > about exam order.

    I'd recommend either 70-306 next, or 70-310.

    Eric

    Eric, Jun 9, 2004
  5. Xavier Mundó

    sender Guest

    hi
    congts for passing the exam. and please share ur
    experiences and tip(books/materials) about the exam.
    i have started the preperation
    thanks
    sender

    sender, Jun 10, 2004
  6. Here's what I did:
    305, 306 (counts as an elective and 310. Why you would take the 320 (C# XML) is beyond me if you already started along the VB track. Might as well do 310 VB XML, right?

    The reason I took 306 as an elective is because it counts on the MCSD as a core exam. You still need an elective for the MCSD but as long as you are studying for the programming aspect you can save your brain for SQL, BIZ talk, or commerce server when you do your MCSD later on.

    Just a thought.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnk=?=, Jun 12, 2004
  7. Hello,

    Congrats!

    I am planing to give 305 exam, would you be kind to tell me
    how you did the prepairation and your study material. And
    please do mention how much time you have take before
    appearing for the test.

    How much you paid for the exam

    Thanks

    Ashvin Johnson, Jun 18, 2004
  8. Materials:
    I had about 6 months experience, not hardcore but steady, with Visual Studio.Net, asp.net and vb.net. Really just creating small apps or sites to get a feel of the .net framework. I do have 5 years of asp and vb experience, too but that's a different matter when it comes to .net.

    I used some training materials from knowledgenet on the first exam but found it didn't help. It did help me learn more, however, just not the exams. I switched to using Microsoft Press materials which were alot more helpful. Training materials are helpful but if you don't have a strong or comfortable knowledge it might be hard to pass.

    Time to prepare:
    I was only given a week and a half between exams as required by an employer to keep my job and it was rough. I think he was p-o'd when I passed all the exams because after I was MCAD, he let me go anyway. I believe his intention was that I wouldn't pass and he would have a reason to fire me. Anyway.......

    Cost:
    In my area exams are $125.00 a pop.

    Other advice:
    Check out the "Skills being measured" and/or Preperation Guides on the Microsoft Traing site for each exam. It's alot of material but it covers every aspect of what they are trying to discover.

    It may help to use "legal" prep exams. NOT TestKing or any of the copy-exams but perhaps Transcender and the like. I have heard of good results from people using this type of product to get a feel of what the exam questions may be like.

    Jerry, MCSD

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnk=?=, Jun 18, 2004