    books I got are for .Net 1.1.

    Thanks
    Lee

    mimi, May 15, 2006

  2. mimi

    Arsalan Guest

    I dont think there is MCAD for .NET 2.0

    The new certifications are called MCPD which had the following categories
    Web application
    Windows application
    And Enterprise application.

    Arsalan, May 15, 2006

  3. mimi

    Cerebrus Guest

    Not to forget MCTS, which I think is the new upgrade for MCAD.

    Cerebrus, May 16, 2006
  4. mimi

    Arsalan Guest

    Keep in ming, MCTS are continued only for 3 years. Thats what MS website
    said. Particular MCT will be discontinued when support life-time is over.

    Arsalan, May 16, 2006
  5. mimi

    Cerebrus Guest

    Hi Arsalan,

    Could you post the URL of the page that says so ?

    I could find no info at the site, which says MCTS is only for 3 years...

    Cerebrus, May 16, 2006
  6. mimi

    SuperCoder Guest

    Log on to MCP memeber site, and check under new exam section.

    SuperCoder, May 16, 2006
  7. mimi

    Cerebrus Guest

    I think it says there that the "Professional series" will expire in 3
    years, not the Technology series.

    Cerebrus, May 16, 2006
  8. mimi

    SuperCoder Guest

    Re: Requested URL

    Q. Will the new certifications expire?

    A. The Technology Series certifications will expire soon after mainstream
    support for the version of the product ends. The Professional Series
    certifications will require recertification every three years from the date
    of issue. Get more information about the Microsoft Product Support
    lifecycle.

    Here's the URL
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/newgen/faq/

    SuperCoder, May 16, 2006
  9. mimi

    Cerebrus Guest

    Re: Requested URL

    Yep, I saw that. And if you click on that link, you'll see a page where
    the Mainstream support for Business and Development software is 5
    years.

    So, you may be a SuperCoder, but I'm right on this one ... ;-)

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.

    Cerebrus, May 17, 2006