MCAD for a C++ Programmer.

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Sami, Jan 14, 2005.

  1. Sami

    Sami Guest

    Hello,
    I have a lot of experience programming with C++ and have finally decided to
    take a shot at the MCAD Cert.

    These are what I would like to take:
    70-316 Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with Microsoft
    Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    70-320 Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft
    Visual C# and the Microsoft .NET Framework
    70-229 Designing and Implementing Databases with Microsoft SQL ServerT 2000
    Enterprise Edition

    I am guessing the Web Services one would be the toughest for me as I have no
    experience on that.

    For the 70-320 and 70-229 there are Microsoft Training Kits which I am
    thinking of using but I am not sure what I can use for the 70-316. There are
    just so many C#.Net books out there! Do I need more than one book? Any help
    would be appreciated.

    Where can I get the software for the Training? Do I have to buy the Visual
    Studio.NET 2003 Prof. Edition for it? It is pretty expensive.

    --
    Regards,
    Sami

    [Remove Numbers from e-mail address to use it]

    Sami, Jan 14, 2005

  2. Sami

    pathik Guest

    For 70-316, book by Amit Kalani is good.

    pathik, Jan 14, 2005

  3. Sami

    Relaxin Guest

    It impossible to study for the exam without have Visual Studio.NET.
    Some of the test questions I have seen ask about the development
    environment.

    Relaxin, Jan 15, 2005
  4. Hi Sami,

    Some of the MS Press books have a time-limited version of Visual Studio on a
    CD in the back.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Jan 16, 2005
  5. Sami

    Sami Guest

    Hello,
    Do I need to have the complete Visual Studio.NET 2003 Pro? Can't I just buy
    Visual C#.NET 2003 and use it for the 70-316, 70-320 exams?

    Sami, Jan 18, 2005
  6. Sami

    Steven Spits Guest

    "Sami" wrote:

    > Do I need to have the complete Visual Studio.NET 2003 Pro? Can't I just
    > buy
    > Visual C#.NET 2003 and use it for the 70-316, 70-320 exams?

    Yes, you can. Any version of VS.NET is fine!

    Steven

    - - -

    Steven Spits, Jan 18, 2005