    Now I want to take 70-316 - Windows app with c#.net.
    Is this combination valid MCAD combination?

    Thanks
    BOSTONMCAD, May 5, 2004

  2. BOSTONMCAD

    Matt Hawley Guest

    Yes it is. In fact, thats the exact combination I had.

    Matt Hawley, MCAD .NET
    http://www.eworldui.net

    Hi,
    I have taken following exams:

    1.320 - Developing XML Web Services and Server Components
    with Microsoft Visual C# .NET and the Microsoft .NET
    Framework

    2.305 - Developing and Implementing Web Applications with
    Microsoft® Visual Basic® .NET and Microsoft® Visual
    Studio® .NET Dec 03, 2003

    Matt Hawley, May 5, 2004

  3. BOSTONMCAD

    Yorkie Guest

    Can I ask if there was a specific reason behind you doing
    a mixture of C# and VB.NET exams ?

    Is it prove you can handle both and thus apply for jobs
    in either language ?

    Just curious!

    Yorkie, May 5, 2004
  4. BOSTONMCAD

    Matt Hawley Guest

    I took 70-305 because, at the time, I only had experience using VB.NET. After that I started to learn C# and have grown to enjoy it. So, then I took my next 2 tests under the C# realm.

    Matt Hawley, MCAD .NET
    http://www.eworldui.net

    Matt Hawley, May 5, 2004
  5. BOSTONMCAD

    venuvrk Guest

    venuvrk, May 7, 2004
  6. BOSTONMCAD

    Matt Hawley Guest

    Matt Hawley, May 7, 2004
  7. BOSTONMCAD

    McadBoston Guest

    Yorkie,
    When I started working on .net, I started with vb.net but
    switched to c#.net subsequently after working on java for
    3-4 months. So I gave exams for the stuff I knew at that
    point of time.There is no specific purpose to get
    certified in vb.net as well as c#.net. I like c#.net more
    than vb.net.

    Thanks
    Shoven

    McadBoston, May 7, 2004
  8. BOSTONMCAD

    Raja Guest

    Why do you say that this combination is not valid ?

    The MCAD requirements clearly states that you need to have
    one exam each of XML web services and Win/Web exams. So if
    you do vb.net web exam and XML Web Services c# exam, I
    believe you can attain MCAD.Net by doing your windows
    exams in Vb or C#.

    - Raja.

    Follow the links for the details

    Raja, May 8, 2004