MCAD Boot Camp Revisited

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Sven, Oct 22, 2004.

  1. Sven

    Sven Guest

    Because boot camps vary so often in quality by location, instructor
    and sometimes some just go bankrupt, I think it is time to get the
    latest opinion from those who have attended this year or plan on
    attending and have done some research (like me).

    So far the two that have attracted me the most were the following. I
    have listed how they differ as well:

    IT Centers
    http://www.it-centers.com
    * Free MCSD upgrade classes within 1 year. One just pays about $1200
    for ticket, lodging and meals.
    * If you leave your employer that paid for the classes within 6
    months, your replacement gets to take a free MCAD class as just
    described above.
    * 3 meals + snacks
    * They say Phoenix, AZ is their best location

    The Training Camp
    http://www.trainingcamp.com/us/training/msft/mcad_included.asp
    * Has been in business much longer. Has UK/USA offices.
    * Seems a little cheaper.
    * 2 meals + snacks
    * They say Bushkill, PA is their best location

    I can't really find anyone else that comes close to these two. Is
    there a 3rd that I am missing? I am willing to travel to any location.
    Also, their average price has been about 4K.

    I think a boot camp will be right for me because I have some
    experience with .NET and I will be putting it all to practice at my
    job right after the classes. Cert Magazine has a few articles about
    them, but nothing too focused on MCAD/MCSD.

    http://www.certmag.com/sitesearch/search.asp?q1="boot camp"&ct=certmag

    Sven, Oct 22, 2004