    I've seen other posts which recomend the books by Mike
    Gunderloy, is there a general consensus towards his
    reading material (it seems to be cheaper)?

    Mike c, Oct 11, 2004

  2. Mike c

    Raja Guest

    It's not that Mike's books are cheaper, but it's the content and quality that
    makes it stand out from the others. Actually I believe Mike's books would
    work out costlier since you need to buy 3 separate books for the MCAD exam as
    compared to one big hulkin' MCAD self-paced training kit.

    The Amazon links for Mike's book are as below.
    70-305 : http://tinyurl.com/56cmr
    70-306 : http://tinyurl.com/5hapf
    70-310 : http://tinyurl.com/52oav
    Errata : http://www.larkware.com/TGErrata.txt

    - Raja.

    Raja, Oct 12, 2004

  3. Mike c

    Frank Mamone Guest

    I personally do not like the style of the MS Training Kit. I think they are
    aimed at people who have many years of experience and seeking certification.

    I find the Que Certification series is much better in the sense the format
    is good for actually learning the material and at the same time to serve as
    an excellent preparation guide for the exams.

    But that's just my opinion.

    - Frank

    Frank Mamone, Oct 12, 2004
  4. Mike c

    Helen Hunt Guest

    I used both the Microsoft book by Jeff Webb and Kalani's
    ExamCram2 book. Webb's book read well but Kalani's
    coverage was far superior. There was plenty of stuff in
    the exam which Webb didn't even mention. However, the
    stuff which Webb did have had better examples and
    explanations than Kalani. Sometimes the 'cram!' nature
    of Kalani's books is a little disheartening; I want to be
    learning along the way!

    I guess if you follow every single 'read more here' link
    from Webb's book (which probably translates into "Read
    the MSDN library"!) you'd eventually cover all the
    material, but I found Kalani's book covered the gaps I
    had after more than a year's real experience with .NET
    and was excellent exam prep.

    Helen.

    Helen Hunt, Oct 14, 2004
  5. Mike c

    Guest

    I got the ms stuff and is really bad (amaxon comments
    too). Then bought the gunderrlay book. Hoping well.

    , Oct 14, 2004