MCAD BOOKS TO USE

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by JHardin1112, Apr 25, 2006.

  1. JHardin1112

    JHardin1112 Guest

    I have found on AMAZON.COM, the following set of books for about $100.00 (USD)

    MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft .NET Core Requirements, Exams
    70-305, 70-315, 70-306, 70-316, 70-310, 70-320, and 70-300 (Paperback)

    I see good and bad reviews about these books, but I just need to know in any
    one's opinion do you feel they are sufficient enough along with my 1+ yrs
    experience in .NET to pass the following exams so I may become MCAD. The
    exams I wish to take are as follows:

    70-305 - Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual
    Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    70-306 - Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with
    Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    70-310 - Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft
    Visual Basic .NET and the Microsoft .NET Framework

    Also, I want to take the following just to obtaint the knowledge and
    experience

    70-431 - TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - Implementation and Maintenance

    Please let me know your opinions, I am going to try and purchase the books
    within 3 weeks from now, around 5/12/2006. THANK YOU in advance to anyone
    who responds. I'm not doing this just because, I'm doing it because it means
    more money at my current job and my wife and I are looking to start a family.
    Seems like a great reason to me :-D!

    --
    -Jeremy Hardin
    Programmer, RV Logic, Inc.
    JHardin1112, Apr 25, 2006

  2. JHardin1112

    Guest

    Hi,

    These books are very good indeed.I used these book to complete my MCSD.
    I have got all the books with me noe ( electronic version ) . If you
    like i can give it you

    Thanks
    Niroshan
    , Apr 27, 2006

  3. JHardin1112

    JHardin1112 Guest

    Well actually, I apprecaite the offer, but it will not be necessary as my
    employer took me out personally to the bookstore and paid for the whole set
    of books just the other day.

    Also, I want you and other people viewing this post to know how I plan to
    study and if you have any feedback it will be appreciated.

    I am not the kind of person who can grasp new concepts easily, it takes hard
    work and dedication along with repitition and note taking from me to get
    things with programming. So along with reading the books, I am handwriting
    notes on everything I see as important. Hopefully this will cause the
    information to truly stick in my brain and I can use my newly obtained
    knowledge here at work so they will pay me more.
    --
    -Jeremy Hardin
    Programmer, RV Logic, Inc.

    JHardin1112, Apr 27, 2006
  4. JHardin1112

    Alok Guest

    Hi Niroshan,

    I will appreciate if you can send the electronic copy of this book to me.

    Alok, Apr 28, 2006
  5. JHardin1112

    Praveen Guest

    Hi Niroshan, I am preparing for MCAD exam and I will be very grateful to you
    if you can send the electronic version of the books required for the exam to

    --
    Excellence is not a destination it is a journey.

    Praveen, Apr 30, 2006
  6. JHardin1112

    Praveen Guest

    Hi Niroshan, I am preparing for the following:

    70-305 - Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual
    Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    70-306 - Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with
    Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    70-310 - Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft
    Visual Basic .NET and the Microsoft .NET framework.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Praveen, Apr 30, 2006
  7. JHardin1112

    Faisal Guest

    Hi!

    Can you please mail me the electronic version of 70-316 , 70-315 and
    70-320 at . I am preparing for MCAD.I will be
    greatfull.

    Faisal, May 4, 2006
  8. JHardin1112

    surya Guest

    hi niroshan , plese aend me those electronic versions to me , i just started
    preparing for MCAD , it might be helpfull for me

    thanks in advance
    surya ( )

    surya, May 4, 2006
  9. JHardin1112

    Guest

    hi niroshan

    will appreciate if you can send the electronic copy of this book to
    me.

    regards
    , May 9, 2006
  10. JHardin1112

    Cerebrus Guest

    >> will appreciate if you can send the electronic copy of this book to
    >> me.

    >> plese aend me those electronic versions to me

    >> Can you please mail me the electronic version of 70-316 , 70-315 and

    70-320

    >> I will be very grateful to you
    >> if you can send the electronic version of the books

    >> I will appreciate if you can send the electronic copy of this book to me.

    What is this, people ? Some sort of electronic book fair ?

    Why can't all you people go out and *buy* the books if you need them so
    desperately. Also, many e-books are freely available for download on
    the internet, if you just search.
    Cerebrus, May 9, 2006
  11. JHardin1112

    whatever Guest

    Niroshan
    Could you send me the book as well. The id is: yousuf_khaan(AT)
    yahoo.com

    Many Thanx
    whatever, May 10, 2006
  12. JHardin1112

    bennido Guest

    I agree with Cerebrus. Its quite pathetic to see so many people asking for
    copies of ebook. Go out and get your own !!

    Anyway, Jeremy, don't waste your money on the MS Press books. Its has little
    use for the exam. I have taken two MCAD exams so far and if you only read the
    MS Press books, you will probably get a 20% score MAX on the exam.

    Its ironic since its a Microsoft exam, you would expect the official MS book
    to be the best to get you prepared. Trust me, it is NOT !!!

    Go get the Kalaini and Exam Cram books instead ..

    bennido, May 10, 2006
  13. JHardin1112

    b_swati Guest

    wrote:
    > *Hi,
    >
    > These books are very good indeed.I used these book to complete my
    > MCSD.
    > I have got all the books with me noe ( electronic version ) . If you
    > like i can give it you
    >
    > Thanks
    > Niroshan *

    I will be very thankful to u if u forward the e-version of MCAD Books
    u can forward it at
    Waiting for your reply
    Swati Jain

    --
    b_swati
    b_swati, May 11, 2006
  14. JHardin1112

    smiths Guest

    Hi Niroshan,
    I will be very thankful if you can send me electronic version of books
    ..I am planning to give exams on EX-315 and developing windows
    application on c# and XML web services .
    Thank you very much .My email id is

    --
    smiths
    smiths, May 12, 2006
  15. JHardin1112

    dsds Guest

    Hi,
    Iappreciate if you can send me MCSD electronic books version to
    .

    thanks

    --
    dsds
    dsds, May 14, 2006
  16. JHardin1112

    b_swati Guest

    whatever wrote:
    > *Niroshan
    > Could you send me the book as well. The id is: yousuf_khaan(AT)
    > yahoo.com
    >
    > Many Thanx *

    Hi everybody,
    If anyone of you have got the e-version of the book. plz forward it

    Swati Jain

    --
    b_swati
    b_swati, May 16, 2006
  17. JHardin1112

    Simon Hart Guest

    You can get them from http://www.amazon.com

    Simon Hart, May 21, 2006
  18. JHardin1112

    archanaa Guest

    wrote:
    > *Hi,
    >
    > These books are very good indeed.I used these book to complete m
    > MCSD.
    > I have got all the books with me noe ( electronic version ) . If you
    > like i can give it you
    >
    > Thanks
    > Niroshan *

    Hi Niroshan,

    Can u please send me the copy of the electronic version for MCA
    exams..can u please send it to my id:

    @rediffmail.co

    -
    archana
    archanaa, May 22, 2006
  19. JHardin1112

    sn123 Guest

    Hi Niroshan,

    Can you please email me the electronic version of certification
    material, as I am preparing for MCAD.
    My Email Id:

    Thanks,
    Swarna