MCAD book error? - Dev Web App Book Ch.4 Lab

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Kenzie delaTorre, Feb 13, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    Please help me understand if this is an error in the
    book, or if there is something that I am just not
    understanding.

    Book title:
    MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Developing Web
    Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and
    Microsoft Visual C# .NET

    Book errors/corrections article:
    us;326884

    Chapter 4 (p.198)
    - I am getting an undeclared statement for the
    variable "strmEditFile". So ok, first thought is, i must
    have mistyped something. After digging and digging, I
    found nothing mistyped or misread.
    - So I grab the example files from the cd, and in the
    same code for the file "EditFile.aspx.vb" they have an
    additional line which declares the variable: "Dim
    strmEditFile As StreamReader"
    But that line is not in the book at all.

    So I am trying to understand if this is an error in the
    book, or if it is my error with just not understanding
    something. (I am pretty new to all of this)

    Thanks for any help!

    BTW: the support article I listed above, does not contain
    this as an error in the book.
    Kenzie delaTorre, Feb 13, 2004