    indication of the timescales involved in achieving either
    the MCAD or MCSD. Can anyone shed some light on how long
    it takes. Assume the appicant is new to .Net?
    Roger, Sep 13, 2004

  2. Roger

    Hermit Dave Guest

    well i could give it a couple of months to first learn a language... ie c#
    or vb.net
    i am more biased towards c# cause i have a c background and its a lot
    cleaner

    saying that a lot of people would equally say vb.net isnt too bad either. so
    choose one and learn the language, the syntax etc.
    Once you are done with that start with winforms or asp.net either one is
    fine. for starters i would say stick with winforms. half way through you
    will need to use databases.

    learn a whole lot about databases.
    from here on you can give each exam a couple of months and practice a lot...
    build a lot of windows / web app on local machines.
    when you build a sufficient ones you will feel that you are ready for the
    exams.

    there are no hard and fast times scales... i would say if you have enough
    hands on.. a month on each exam

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)
    Hermit Dave, Sep 13, 2004

  3. Roger

    Hermit Dave Guest

    if you have been working with asp and sql server then go in for asp.net...
    the way i reckoned... people new to programming find limitations of web
    programming. The trick is to know what is good and when. Since you already
    have the experience start with c# and then asp.net... though be prepared...
    asp.net is nothing like the model you were used to in asp. dont try and
    stick to your asp way of coding.
    learn the asp.net way and trust me its beautiful once you get used to it.
    give it a few days

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Sep 13, 2004
  4. Roger

    M. Uppal Guest

    Can anyone recommend good books to learn C# and ASP.NET
    Thanks,

    M. Uppal, Sep 20, 2004