    Sudeep Guest

    Please send me some links that might be useful to me for
    the preparation of the exam. 70-306
    Sudeep, May 6, 2005

  2. Sudeep

    GoodLuck Guest

    Regarding:
    Exam 70-306: Developing and Implementing Windows-based
    Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and
    Microsoft Visual Studio .NET.

    Look Here:

    You can view all Microsoft Certifications at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certifications.asp .
    From this location you will get the necessary information
    you need to plan and do your training.

    What ever else you do, I encourage you to use Microsoft's
    Press training material. After all this is their product,
    who better to supply training material? You can view
    Microsoft Press books at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/books/product.asp. Most
    Microsoft press books can be acquired for less at
    http://www.amazon.com , http://www.ebay.com or any other
    auction site.

    LOTS OF VALUABLE AND USEFUL INFORMATION - FYI & FAQ

    Great Exam Preps. - Microsoft Skills Assessments are FREE.

    These assessments are like mini certification tests. You
    can take as many assessments as you need or want to and
    there is no cost. You can find these Assessments at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/assessment/default.asp.
    If you need help, you can also find excellent free
    detailed Q&A support for these assessments at:
    http://disnetinc.com/ and http://disnetinc.com/FAQ.htm .

    These assessments are maintained by Microsoft to insure
    they are current with today's technologies. Industry uses
    these assessments to measure your skill sets, so
    completing them successfully is in your best interest.
    Certified Professionals are also being asked by industry
    to complete these assessments to verify their credentials
    are current. Don't wait until you are asked, stay ahead of
    the curve. Do the necessary assessment now. At your
    discretion, Microsoft records and password protects your
    results, which are then available via the internet for
    you to present to your colleagues and industry.

    OTHER INVALUABLE RESEARCH INFORMATION

    Microsoft Learning Exam Guides - Listed by Title:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/prepare/examresu
    lts.aspx?orderby=Title . Certification exams typically
    cost $125 US. If it is necessary to retake a certification
    exam you can "Get a Free second shot" at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/2ndshot/. Do
    not take more than one exam on the same day. This is a
    recipe for failure. The sequence you take exams in is not
    important. Set the sequence that is best for you. It will
    benefit you to lightly peruse all manuals you may have
    related to your certification efforts to get the bigger
    picture but when you are preparing for an exam focus on
    material specific to the exam.

    You can find online training using virtual PCs. Details
    here at https://www.microsoftelearning.com/

    A great place to look for support from some of the best
    technical community leaders is Microsoft's MVPs at
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/. You can Find a
    Community for a Microsoft Product or Technology at
    http://www.microsoft.com/communities/products/default.mspx.

    You can View New and Upcoming Exams at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/new.asp

    You can find Simulations in MCP exams at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/simulations/.
    As of March 1, 2005 only exams 70-290 "Managing and
    Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment. "
    and 70-291 "Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure."
    have simulated items.

    You can find excellent .NET code samples at
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/downloads/samples/default.
    aspx , http://gotdotnet.com/community/usersamples/ and
    http://aspalliance.com

    OTHER FREE TRAINING COURSES YOU CAN DOWNLOAD AS ZIP FILES
    FROM Microsoft E-Learning
    Microsoft E-Learning Course Catalog - Some Courses are
    Free at:
    https://www.microsoftelearning.com/catalog/default.aspx#exc
    hangeServer
    Microsoft E-Learning > FREE > Office >
    https://www.microsoftelearning.com/catalog/default.aspx#off
    ice
    Microsoft > FREE > Office > BROWSE TRAINING COURSES >
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/default.aspx
    Microsoft > FREE > Office > BROWSE OFFICE 2003 DEMOS >
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/FX010804491033.aspx

    CONCLUSION:
    Focus on positive feedback from your friends, colleagues
    and newsgroups. Do your own research via the internet. Use
    your own best judgement in deciding what you should or
    should not use for your chosen study plans and material.
    We trust this information will be of value to you in your
    chosen profession.

    GoodLuck, May 8, 2005