    Kirk Bayne
    alt.video.digital-tv Home Page
    <http://www.geocities.com/lislislislis/avdtv.htm>

    K. B., Dec 15, 2008

  2. K. B.

    Brian W Guest

    "K. B." <hotmail.com@lis2lis2> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Any idea when Star Wars 1,2,3,4,5,6 will be released on
    > Blu-ray Disc?

    once Lucas decides he hasn't made any money from the DVDs for a while. Then
    he can release the BD versions and sell them all over again

    Brian W, Dec 29, 2008

  3. K. B.

    AnimalMagic Guest

    On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 22:10:29 -0000, "Brian W"
    <> wrote:

    >"K. B." <hotmail.com@lis2lis2> wrote in message
    >> Any idea when Star Wars 1,2,3,4,5,6 will be released on
    >> Blu-ray Disc?

    >once Lucas decides he hasn't made any money from the DVDs for a while. Then
    >he can release the BD versions and sell them all over again

    Funny thing is that the idiot is getting too old to do that, and he
    misses several years worth of Christmas purchases as each year passes
    that he doesn't release, that he will never make up for when he finally
    does release.

    AnimalMagic, Dec 29, 2008
  4. K. B.

    LaserD Guest

    On Dec 15 2008, 1:55 am, K. B. <hotmail.com@lis2lis2> wrote:
    > Any idea whenStarWars1,2,3,4,5,6 will be released on
    > Blu-ray Disc?
    >
    > Kirk Bayne
    > alt.video.digital-tv Home Page
    > <http://www.geocities.com/lislislislis/avdtv.htm>

    No one seems to know as yet. The first SW BD was only released a short
    while ago, with The Clone Wars (2008) film. Hopefully that is the
    start of Star Wars being firmly in the high-def camp. I'd love to
    think that Christmas 2009 would see a blu-ray box set or two.

    I only recently got my hands on the LD Definitive Collection (1993)
    box set of the original trilogy and am loving it. My other SW films
    are still on VHS hand-me-downs from family. I've seen the newer DVDs
    on loan from the public library, but I will only upgrade from
    laserdisc when Lucasfilm finally gives me a high definition option. I
    have no problems with Lucas' fancy alterations to the movies, and look
    forward to seeing them sparkle on blu-ray. But I think I'll always be
    glad to own the (mostly) unaltered versions I have on LD. Although
    they are in 2-channel stereo, I think they still sound great on my 5.1
    surround system. I played SW (1977) last night and my subwoofer was
    getting a decent rumbling workout. Great fun!

    LaserD, Jan 1, 2009
  5. On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 13:02:44 -0800 (PST), LaserD <> wrote:

    >On Dec 15 2008, 1:55 am, K. B. <hotmail.com@lis2lis2> wrote:
    >> Any idea whenStarWars1,2,3,4,5,6 will be released on
    >> Blu-ray Disc?
    >>
    >> Kirk Bayne
    >> alt.video.digital-tv Home Page
    >> <http://www.geocities.com/lislislislis/avdtv.htm>

    >No one seems to know as yet. The first SW BD was only released a short
    >while ago, with The Clone Wars (2008) film. Hopefully that is the
    >start of Star Wars being firmly in the high-def camp. I'd love to
    >think that Christmas 2009 would see a blu-ray box set or two.
    >
    >I only recently got my hands on the LD Definitive Collection (1993)
    >box set of the original trilogy and am loving it. My other SW films
    >are still on VHS hand-me-downs from family. I've seen the newer DVDs
    >on loan from the public library, but I will only upgrade from
    >laserdisc when Lucasfilm finally gives me a high definition option. I
    >have no problems with Lucas' fancy alterations to the movies, and look
    >forward to seeing them sparkle on blu-ray. But I think I'll always be
    >glad to own the (mostly) unaltered versions I have on LD. Although
    >they are in 2-channel stereo, I think they still sound great on my 5.1
    >surround system. I played SW (1977) last night and my subwoofer was
    >getting a decent rumbling workout. Great fun!

    The only title I have from back then is the Empire Strikes Back. The
    $72 price tag made my collecting many films back then outside my budget.

    DVDs are cool, because one can buy a title sight unseen. If it is not
    liked, they can give it away. Before, I had to make careful choices on
    my purchase decisions. They are price gouging us on DVD however, if one
    considers the vast millions they are getting now over the Laser Disc
    years.

    All our flics should be no more than $20 a title. TV series are
    gouge-o-ramas too. Heros on DVD can be had for $10 a season, but on BD,
    it was $80 for S1 and $40 for S2. Total price gouge.

    Archimedes' Lever, Jan 2, 2009
  6. In message news:, Archimedes'
    Lever <> said:

    > DVDs are cool, because one can buy a title sight unseen. If it is not
    > liked, they can give it away. Before, I had to make careful choices on
    > my purchase decisions. They are price gouging us on DVD however, if one
    > considers the vast millions they are getting now over the Laser Disc
    > years.
    >
    > All our flics should be no more than $20 a title. TV series are
    > gouge-o-ramas too. Heros on DVD can be had for $10 a season, but on BD,
    > it was $80 for S1 and $40 for S2. Total price gouge.

    There is no such thing as "price gouging". If there were, gasoline would
    still be $4.50 a gallon.

    Father Guido Sarducci, Jan 2, 2009
  7. On 02 Jan 2009 02:00:54 GMT, Father Guido Sarducci <>
    wrote:

    >In message news:, Archimedes'
    >Lever <> said:
    >
    >> DVDs are cool, because one can buy a title sight unseen. If it is not
    >> liked, they can give it away. Before, I had to make careful choices on
    >> my purchase decisions. They are price gouging us on DVD however, if one
    >> considers the vast millions they are getting now over the Laser Disc
    >> years.
    >>
    >> All our flics should be no more than $20 a title. TV series are
    >> gouge-o-ramas too. Heros on DVD can be had for $10 a season, but on BD,
    >> it was $80 for S1 and $40 for S2. Total price gouge.

    >There is no such thing as "price gouging". If there were, gasoline would
    >still be $4.50 a gallon.

    You were gouged for the last decade, dumbass. You just didn't feel
    that dildo slipping in.

    Here... I'll outline it for you.

    Currently, the oil boys claim that gas got so high because of the OPEC
    barrel price.

    IF that is the case, then we were screwed for the last decade, because
    at the onset of the Gulf War, the OPEC barrel price was $36 a barrel.
    Within a week, it had dropped to $16 a barrel, and this whole time our
    pump price went from $0.67 a gallon UP to $1.50 a gallon, and it NEVER
    did go back down.

    So they gouged the piss out of us then, and for the ten years that
    followed, because the barrel price took that long to creep back up past
    the original figure again, all the while our gallon price went up to $2
    or even $3 a gallon.

    So none of your mechanics nor theirs fits. So it was gouging, and you
    could never convince me otherwise. Not only that, but the barrel price
    doubling should NOT result in a per gallon price doubling in ANY economy.

    So while they had it great on a decade of cheaper barrel prices, we got
    screwed by a higher pump price, and YOU never even noticed it. Move
    forward to now, and we see them declaring hundreds of millions in
    profits, yet pissing and moaning about their foreign supplemental
    infusions.

    I say BULLSHIT. Too many goddamned overpaid, over-bonused execs that
    should have it rougher than we ever did, just so they can taste the
    effects of the actions they take. The whole goddamned country is filled
    with manipulators that have managed to take the only successful democracy
    in history and corrupt the piss out of it almost beyond repair.

    And then we wonder why kids join gangs.

    Archimedes' Lever, Jan 2, 2009
  8. In message news:, Archimedes'
    Lever <> said:

    > On 02 Jan 2009 02:00:54 GMT, Father Guido Sarducci <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>In message news:, Archimedes'
    >>Lever <> said:
    >>
    >>> DVDs are cool, because one can buy a title sight unseen. If it is
    >>> not
    >>> liked, they can give it away. Before, I had to make careful choices
    >>> on my purchase decisions. They are price gouging us on DVD however,
    >>> if one considers the vast millions they are getting now over the
    >>> Laser Disc years.
    >>>
    >>> All our flics should be no more than $20 a title. TV series are
    >>> gouge-o-ramas too. Heros on DVD can be had for $10 a season, but on
    >>> BD, it was $80 for S1 and $40 for S2. Total price gouge.

    >>There is no such thing as "price gouging". If there were, gasoline
    >>would still be $4.50 a gallon.

    > You were gouged for the last decade, dumbass. You just didn't feel
    > that dildo slipping in.

    Oh, boy, ad hominem and crude sexual references in a single paragraph.
    You must really be fun at parties.

    > Here... I'll outline it for you.

    I'd rather you not embarrass yourself.

    > And then we wonder why kids join gangs.

    Yours did because of the atmosphere provided them at home.

    Father Guido Sarducci, Jan 2, 2009
  9. On 02 Jan 2009 16:13:16 GMT, Father Guido Sarducci <>
    wrote:

    >Yours did because of the atmosphere provided them at home.

    Nice snip of the facts, you godless, retarded ****.

    You know, the very thing that refuted the CRAP you spewed about how we
    are not getting gouged.

    Sniptards like you are the bane of all Usenet, you stupid little piece
    of shit.

    The atmosphere you provide here is nothing more than pure fecal stench.

    The only thing you are the father of is the wad of shit that resides
    between your ears, boy.

    Archimedes' Lever, Jan 2, 2009
  10. In message news:, Archimedes'
    Lever <> said:

    > On 02 Jan 2009 16:13:16 GMT, Father Guido Sarducci <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Yours did because of the atmosphere provided them at home.

    > Nice snip of the facts, you godless, retarded ****.

    More insults, this time profane. It's fun watching your head explode like
    a fembot's.

    > You know, the very thing that refuted the CRAP you spewed about how we
    > are not getting gouged.
    >
    > Sniptards like you are the bane of all Usenet, you stupid little piece
    > of shit.
    >
    > The atmosphere you provide here is nothing more than pure fecal stench.
    >
    > The only thing you are the father of is the wad of shit that resides
    > between your ears, boy.

    Looks like you need a little attitude adjustment courtesy of my Mossberg
    590. What's your address?

    Father Guido Sarducci, Jan 2, 2009
  11. On 02 Jan 2009 17:56:31 GMT, Father Guido Sarducci <>
    wrote:

    >Looks like you need a little attitude adjustment courtesy of my Mossberg
    >590. What's your address?

    You'd end up with an NYCPD broomstick handle shoved up your ass,
    followed shortly thereafter by the barrel of the gun in your mouth.

    Any time, you godless fucking pussy.

    Archimedes' Lever, Jan 2, 2009
  12. K. B.

    Roger Blake Guest

    On 2009-01-02, Archimedes' Lever <> wrote:
    > You'd end up with an NYCPD broomstick handle shoved up your ass,
    > followed shortly thereafter by the barrel of the gun in your mouth.

    Big talk from an obvious liar, coward, and weakling.

    Don't go away mad, little one, just go away.

    --
    Roger Blake
    (Subtract 10s for email. "Google Groups" messages killfiled due to spam.)

    Roger Blake, Jan 3, 2009
  13. On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 02:58:51 +0000 (UTC), Roger Blake
    <> wrote:

    >On 2009-01-02, Archimedes' Lever <> wrote:
    >> You'd end up with an NYCPD broomstick handle shoved up your ass,
    >> followed shortly thereafter by the barrel of the gun in your mouth.

    >Big talk from an obvious liar, coward, and weakling.
    >
    >Don't go away mad, little one, just go away.

    You're a goddamned retard too. What are you doing, feeling him up?

    I'll post wherever the **** I feel like posting, you self impotent
    piece of shit. So **** off and die!

    What are the folks in PA all fucking retarded now too? They must be to
    tolerate retarded dopes like you.

    Archimedes' Lever, Jan 3, 2009
  14. K. B.

    Roger Blake Guest

    On 2009-01-03, Archimedes' Lever <> wrote:
    > You're a goddamned retard too. What are you doing, feeling him up?

    As I said - a coward and a weakling. Feeble-minded as well.

    Roger Blake, Jan 3, 2009
  15. On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 04:37:36 +0000 (UTC), Rogerina Blake
    <> wrote:

    >On 2009-01-03, Archimedes' Lever <> wrote:
    >> You're a goddamned retard too. What are you doing, feeling him up?

    >As I said - a coward and a weakling. Feeble-minded as well.

    I build satellite gear. That is in this current job. I have done more
    in the last five years to make the world a better, safer place than your
    retarded ass has or ever will in your entire, pathetic life.

    Also, I have nine inches of 'coward' to go up in your retarded ass
    with, little girl.

    Archimedes' Lever, Jan 3, 2009
  16. K. B.

    Roger Blake Guest

    On 2009-01-03, Archimedes' Lever <> wrote:
    > I build satellite gear.

    Of course you do.

    > Also, I have nine inches of 'coward' to go up in your retarded ass
    > with, little girl.

    Do you have anything besides empty threats and mindless obscenities going
    for you? I very much doubt it.

    Pathetic. Truly pathetic.

    Roger Blake, Jan 3, 2009
  17. On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 05:22:42 +0000 (UTC), Roger Blake
    <> wrote:

    >On 2009-01-03, Archimedes' Lever <> wrote:
    >> I build satellite gear.

    >Of course you do.
    >
    >> Also, I have nine inches of 'coward' to go up in your retarded ass
    >> with, little girl.

    >Do you have anything besides empty threats and mindless obscenities going
    >for you? I very much doubt it.
    >
    >Pathetic. Truly pathetic.

    I never made a threat, you fucking total retard. That was what your
    butt buddy did.

    If you were any more retarded, you'd have to learn from a dung beetle.

    Dumbfucks like you are truly pathetic. Remeber? That is what I called
    you in the last post, dipshit. So you have zero originality as well.

    Archimedes' Lever, Jan 3, 2009
  18. In message news:, Archimedes'
    Lever <> said:

    > On 02 Jan 2009 17:56:31 GMT, Father Guido Sarducci <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Looks like you need a little attitude adjustment courtesy of my Mossberg
    >>590. What's your address?

    > You'd end up with an NYCPD broomstick handle shoved up your ass,

    Uh, it's "NYPD", "officer".

    > followed shortly thereafter by the barrel of the gun in your mouth.
    >
    > Any time, you godless fucking pussy.

    You didn't provide the requested address.

    Father Guido Sarducci, Jan 3, 2009
  19. On 03 Jan 2009 13:16:57 GMT, Father Guido Sarducci <>
    wrote:

    >In message news:, Archimedes'
    >Lever <> said:
    >
    >> On 02 Jan 2009 17:56:31 GMT, Father Guido Sarducci <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Looks like you need a little attitude adjustment courtesy of my Mossberg
    >>>590. What's your address?

    >> You'd end up with an NYCPD broomstick handle shoved up your ass,

    >Uh, it's "NYPD", "officer".
    >
    >> followed shortly thereafter by the barrel of the gun in your mouth.
    >>
    >> Any time, you godless fucking pussy.

    >You didn't provide the requested address.

    I am in Oceanside, you little piece of shit. When you get into town,
    post again, and well meet at what will be your deathbed.

    Archimedes' Lever, Jan 3, 2009
  20. K. B.

    Roger Blake Guest

    On 2009-01-03, Archimedes' Lever <> wrote:
    > I never made a threat, you fucking total retard. That was what your
    > butt buddy did.

    Pathetic. Truly pathetic. You have nothing, not even the courage of
    whatever lame convictions you may hold. You are truly nothing but
    a cowardly little turd, cowering behind your keyboard and trying
    to act like a "big man."

    Roger Blake, Jan 3, 2009