    Server. Help index doesn't list MS Exchange Server. How do I find that?
    Thanks
    Ginger

    Ginger Cowan, Jun 14, 2005

  2. Hi Ginger, are you trying to connect to your ISP's mail server, or are you
    connecting to a corporate mail server?

    Unlimited newsgroup access as low as $2.95
    http://www.newsgroups-download.com/

    John Spieo \(MSCE\), Jun 14, 2005

  3. Ginger Cowan

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Ginger Cowan wrote:

    > I'm trying to set up MS Outlook Setup Wizard and they ask for MS Exchange
    > Server. Help index doesn't list MS Exchange Server. How do I find that?
    > Thanks

    If you're using Outlook in an home environment and are trying to do your
    email through your ISP, then most likely the ISP is using a POP3 sever and
    not MS Exchange server.

    MS Outlook can be used with a MS Exchange server. But that server is sitting
    in a corporate/domain environment to allow users/workers on the corporate
    network/domain to exchange emails with each other along with allowing an
    Outlook user to send and receive emails with Internet users outside of the
    corporate/domain network.

    If you were using OE before as the email client on the machine, then
    Outlook's setup will be similar where you set up Outlook to use the ISP's
    POP3 email server and there is no MS Exchange server in the picture.

    You should contact your ISP as the should be able to assist you with the
    setup of using Outlook to access the ISP's POP3 email server.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 14, 2005