    software, but refuses to boot up. Not even in Safe mode. What is my
    problem? Thanks.

    teak
    teak, May 14, 2007

  2. "teak" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I put in a new MB, and cannot boot too XP. It detects new hardware and
    > software, but refuses to boot up. Not even in Safe mode. What is my
    > problem? Thanks.
    >
    > teak

    If you can't get It to boot up, how can you determine that It Is detecting
    new hardware and software....
    Dusty Steenbock, May 14, 2007

  3. teak

    Russ Guest

    Hello,

    not being that specific = more answers, or more possabilities, rather.
    I'm trying to look the problem you have.
    Does this mean you have installed win XP & it detected you hardware while
    installing, and on reboot
    it halts someware.
    Or does it detect/see your hard disk in POST, but won't boot up with the
    WinXP CD?
    In safe mode, sounds like you have done a complete install.?
    Check your RAM is seated, do use ESD strap with RAM.
    Check your IDE/SATA cables at both ends, go into CMOS, and try choosing boot
    option, just C drive.

    Hope you solve it

    Russy

    Russ, May 15, 2007
  4. teak

    Tony Guest

    On 14 May 2007 10:51:58 -0700, teak <> wrote:

    >I put in a new MB, and cannot boot too XP. It detects new hardware and
    >software, but refuses to boot up. Not even in Safe mode. What is my
    >problem? Thanks.
    >
    >teak

    No problem. I deal with this every week with my customers. You have to do a repair installation.

    Boot to the cd, when all the copying is done and the screens stop at the page that gives you the
    option to install XP or repair, press ENTER. Then it finds a previous version. You are then prompted
    to install a new XP (by pressing ESC) or to Repair the existing one. At that point, you press R for
    repair. That's it, it uninstalls the drivers and re-installs them. You will then boot up to XP but
    you will have to get all Windows Updates again. Other than that, everything is still there (programs
    and data). Works everytime for me. My customers love me for it.

    Tony
    Tony, May 15, 2007
  5. teak

    teak Guest

    On May 14, 7:19 pm, Tony < > wrote:
    > On 14 May 2007 10:51:58 -0700, teak <> wrote:
    >
    > >I put in a new MB, and cannot boot too XP. It detects new hardware and
    > >software, but refuses to boot up. Not even in Safe mode. What is my
    > >problem? Thanks.

    > >teak

    > No problem. I deal with this every week with my customers. You have to do a repair installation.
    >
    > Boot to the cd, when all the copying is done and the screens stop at the page that gives you the
    > option to install XP or repair, press ENTER. Then it finds a previous version. You are then prompted
    > to install a new XP (by pressing ESC) or to Repair the existing one. At that point, you press R for
    > repair. That's it, it uninstalls the drivers and re-installs them. You will then boot up to XP but
    > you will have to get all Windows Updates again. Other than that, everything is still there (programs
    > and data). Works everytime for me. My customers love me for it.
    >
    > Tony

    Thanks, I'll do that. I thought so. It seems not all computers nor
    equipmenty function the same. I sometimes have to use various
    computers for diagnostics. By the way, Russy, that message doesn't
    come up in windows, it comes up after the computers starts. It looks
    like DOS. Or the stuff that happens even before one installs a OS
    system.

    Thanks again.
    Teak
    teak, May 15, 2007
  6. teak

    Russ Guest

    Thank you.
    But I didn't read that quite right.
    Just like you said, added a new M/B. Not
    built a new system, sorry.

    Cheers

    Russy

    Russ, May 16, 2007
  7. teak

    Guest

    Hello! System files identifying hardware specifications in Windows XP
    do not match with your new system, and without them it is not possible
    to boot normally. There are a couple things you can do to fix this.
    The easiest of which, would be just to reinstall a fresh copy of
    Windows XP over the existing Windows XP installation, using your
    Windows XP installation CD. If you dont wanna do that, check out the
    rest of this article:

    http://jonbarton.net/blog/?p=186 (How to Update WIndows XP to a new
    Motherboard)

    jon
    www.jonbarton.net

    On 5月15日, 午前2:51, teak <> wrote:
    > I put in a new MB, and cannot boot too XP. It detects new hardware and
    > software, but refuses to boot up. Not even in Safe mode. What is my
    > problem? Thanks.
    >
    > teak
    , May 17, 2007