Maybe this isn't the right place, but...

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Bill Ding, Jan 25, 2006.

  1. Bill Ding

    Bill Ding Guest

    Maybe this isn't the right place, but...

    .... if it's not the right place, maybe you could point me to where I
    might get some help getting answers to my questions.

    I want to copy my VHS tapes to DVD, before they deteriorate any more
    than they already have. Some of these are my own or others' original
    camera recordings, but most are commercial tapes I've bought over the
    years. Oh, and I've got a fair number of my own Hi-8 tapes that I
    assume will be no different than the VHS tapes as far as copying goes.

    According to what I've read, it seems that the way around the copy
    protection BS on commercial tapes is to add something like the Sima
    CT2 (or maybe the SCC) between the player and the DVD recorder - I'm
    thinking of getting the Toshiba DR4 for recording, since I don't need
    it for anything except the recording - I pulled the plug on cable and
    satellite several years ago, and where I live there are NO signals in
    the air - the only video I do is tapes and DVDs.

    Now, that's all well and good, but I would also like to copy my DVDs
    as well, and that may be a different problem altogether. I'm only
    making these for backup (actually, I would use the copies for playing
    and put the originals on the shelf).

    Will the Sima (or something else) take care of the copy protection?

    Someone wrote that the DR4 refused to record some of his DVDs and also
    refused to record some live broadcasts... will the Sima (or something
    else) also avoid this problem?

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    /^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\
    < How far would Moses have gone if he had taken a poll in >
    < Egypt? >
    < -- Harry S. Truman >
    \vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv/

    Bill Ding, Jan 25, 2006

  2. Bill Ding

    winndixie Guest

    winndixie, Jan 26, 2006

  3. Bill Ding

    winndixie Guest

    winndixie, Jan 26, 2006
  4. Bill Ding

    unclejr Guest

    winndixie wrote:
    > Hi Bill,
    >
    > You can do this at http://datasux06.mp3center.hop.clickbank.net
    >
    > They also are the BEST place to Download Movies, free music and games.
    > Try them out.
    >
    > winndixie

    Hi winndixie,

    GFY. HTH. HAND.