    corrected "distortions" where ever I place the points, even using my
    software on "auto".

    Anyone know where the point "should" be on max tele?

    Dane Brickman, Aug 14, 2003

  2. "Dane Brickman" <> wrote:

    > There doesn't seem to be a lot of expertise in this group regarding
    > stitching techniques based on the lack of response on questions relating
    > to same, but does anyone know about the f717 and it's various "nodal"
    > points?

    The nodal point is aproximately where it looks to be.
    This is not exactly true, but it is good enough.
    Look into the lens and rotate the camera. When the
    aperture (the small black hole in the middle) is
    not moving sideways, you are rotating around a point
    that is very near to the nodal point. (This point
    is called the entrance pupil.)

    There is another (more exact and cumbersome method).
    You can take a photo of a string, or thin bar, in front
    of something that has some texture. The distance
    to the string/bar shall be smaller than to the background.
    The string/bar shall not move relative to the background
    when the camera is turned around the nodal point.

    To be very exact, you should really determine the nodal
    point at a certain degree of rotation. I have never seen
    this recommended though. Might not be important in practice.

    To be exact you shall also correct the picture for distorsion
    before doing the stitching. This is probably neccessary
    if you use the wide angle position of your zoom.

    Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Aug 15, 2003

  3. Dane Brickman

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Here is an article on the subject.
    http://www.panoguide.com/technique/lamppost_test.html

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
    "Johannes Czernin" <> wrote in message
    > Go to what is doubtlessly the best photo discussion forum:
    >
    > http://www.dpreview.com
    >
    > and have a look at the Sony Talk Forum there - there is a true wealth of
    > useful knowledge being exchanged constantly by a large number of
    > contributors. One recent posting in particular will probably reply to your
    > question quickly - click on this link here:
    >
    > http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1009&message=4756247
    >
    > Johannes
    >
    > "Dane Brickman" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > There doesn't seem to be a lot of expertise in this group regarding
    > > stitching techniques based on the lack of response on questions relating

    > > same, but does anyone know about the f717 and it's various "nodal"

    > points?
    > >
    > > I've spent a week, using the recommended techniques, and I'm having a

    bear

    Tony Spadaro, Aug 15, 2003