[Maxxum 7D] Dimage RAW Viewer v. Adobe Raw Plugin

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Alan Browne, Mar 9, 2005.

  1. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    Alan Browne, Mar 9, 2005

  2. Alan Browne

    Bill Hilton Guest

    Re: Dimage RAW Viewer v. Adobe Raw Plugin

    >According to Phil Askey (dpreview), the quality of images obtained via

    >the Dimage Viewer RAW converter is not as good as that provided by the

    >Adobe Raw plugin.
    >
    >Has anyone else made comparisons between the two?

    Haven't used the Dimage converter (for obvious reasons) but Adobe CS
    RAW does give better results than the Canon software. However I get
    even better results with the Phase One Capture One software (free demos
    for up to 60 days without restrictions) and the new Rawshooter
    Essentials (free, for now). Dunno if they support the Minolta digitals
    but if they do they are worth a look.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Mar 9, 2005

  3. Alan Browne

    Morton Klotz Guest

    Re: Dimage RAW Viewer v. Adobe Raw Plugin

    On 8 Mar 2005 17:59:33 -0800, "Bill Hilton" <>
    wrote:

    >>According to Phil Askey (dpreview), the quality of images obtained via

    >>the Dimage Viewer RAW converter is not as good as that provided by the

    >>Adobe Raw plugin.
    >>
    >>Has anyone else made comparisons between the two?

    >Haven't used the Dimage converter (for obvious reasons) but Adobe CS
    >RAW does give better results than the Canon software. However I get
    >even better results with the Phase One Capture One software (free demos
    >for up to 60 days without restrictions) and the new Rawshooter
    >Essentials (free, for now). Dunno if they support the Minolta digitals
    >but if they do they are worth a look.
    >
    >Bill

    Raw Shooter Essentials does support my Minolta A2.

    Morton Klotz, Mar 9, 2005
  4. Alan Browne

    papaboop Guest

    Bill Hilton wrote:
    > >According to Phil Askey (dpreview), the quality of images obtained

    via

    > >the Dimage Viewer RAW converter is not as good as that provided by

    the

    > >Adobe Raw plugin.
    > >
    > >Has anyone else made comparisons between the two?

    > Haven't used the Dimage converter (for obvious reasons) but Adobe CS
    > RAW does give better results than the Canon software. However I get
    > even better results with the Phase One Capture One software (free

    demos
    > for up to 60 days without restrictions) and the new Rawshooter
    > Essentials (free, for now). Dunno if they support the Minolta

    digitals
    > but if they do they are worth a look.

    I tested the phase one capture one today and am very impressed. The
    sharpening feature is miles ahead of CS. I'm definately going to
    purchase it!

    > Bill

    PB

    papaboop, Mar 12, 2005