    replacement. I think I have to pay the shipping cost to Maxtor. Who
    pays for the shipping back?

    Rube

    Rubix, Feb 3, 2006

  2. Rubix

    ftran999 Guest

    "Rubix" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a faulty HD that I was going to ship to Maxtor to get a
    > replacement. I think I have to pay the shipping cost to Maxtor. Who
    > pays for the shipping back?
    >
    > Rube

    If you're going to ship it back to them you will most likely need some sort
    of Return Authorization #. If you go to the Maxtor website and dig around
    you will find instructions on how to do this. At this point they probably
    will tell you the terms regarding who is responsible for shipping costs.
    FWIW, I had to ship a Western Digital HD back for a replacement. I payed to
    shipping cost to return it and WD sent a replacement at their cost.
    Hope this helps.

    ftran999, Feb 3, 2006

  3. Rubix

    Plato Guest

    Rubix wrote:

    > I have a faulty HD that I was going to ship to Maxtor to get a
    > replacement. I think I have to pay the shipping cost to Maxtor. Who
    > pays for the shipping back?

    Ask Maxtor.

    --
    http://www.kissmyip.com/

    Plato, Feb 3, 2006
  4. Rubix

    Vanguard Guest

    "Rubix" <> wrote in message
    >I have a faulty HD that I was going to ship to Maxtor to get a
    > replacement. I think I have to pay the shipping cost to Maxtor. Who
    > pays for the shipping back?

    Since you are not providing them with any credit card information to get an
    RMA from them, how could they charge you? If they sent it C.O.D, you could
    just refuse it on delivery (but they don't ship C.O.D.). Since they have no
    means of forcing you to ship using any particular shipper or method, they
    won't be paying for shipping. You could even drive up to their facility and
    hand deliver it. You could send it overnight air to get it to them the next
    morning, but would it matter since they'll probably take 4 to 6 weeks to get
    you back a replacement? They don't care how you get it to them but getting
    it to them is not their responsibility.

    Post replies to the newsgroup. Share with others.

    Vanguard, Feb 3, 2006
  5. Rubix

    p-nut Guest

    Rubix wrote:
    > I have a faulty HD that I was going to ship to Maxtor to get a
    > replacement. I think I have to pay the shipping cost to Maxtor. Who
    > pays for the shipping back?
    >
    > Rube

    If you want your new drive shipped immediatly you give them a CC number and
    as long as you have the bad drive returned within 30 days nothing is charged
    against you.
    You ship the bad drive back in the same box.

    Here is the link to their warranty/rma page.
    http://tinyurl.com/6yc77

    p-nut, Feb 3, 2006
  6. Rubix

    DAVID GETLIN Guest

    question........

    is there an f.a.q for this group..........thanks............dg

    DAVID GETLIN, Mar 30, 2006
  7. Rubix

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Re: question........

    In news:GHIWf.1670$7f.531@trndny05,
    DAVID GETLIN spewed forth:
    > is there an f.a.q for this group..........thanks............dg

    Har har har <g>

    --
    My wife and I divorced over religious differences. She thought she was
    God and I didn't.

    Toolman Tim, Mar 30, 2006
  8. Rubix

    Scraggy Guest

    Re: question........

    DAVID GETLIN wrote:
    > is there an f.a.q for this group..........thanks............dg

    Probably. They would include:
    1. Why can't I download attachments?
    2. What does the red X mean?
    3. What is the best Anti Virus?
    4. Is there a FAQ for this group?
    Further examples may be found via Google

    HTH

    members. Groucho Marx

    Scraggy, Mar 30, 2006
  9. Rubix

    Gordon Guest

    Re: question........

    Scraggy wrote:

    > DAVID GETLIN wrote:
    >> is there an f.a.q for this group..........thanks............dg

    > Probably. They would include:
    > 1. Why can't I download attachments?
    > 2. What does the red X mean?
    > 3. What is the best Anti Virus?
    > 4. Is there a FAQ for this group?
    > Further examples may be found via Google
    >
    > HTH

    And no 5. - why can't I send and receive emails or surf the Internet? (I'm
    on NTL by the way....)

    --
    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

    Gordon, Mar 30, 2006
  10. Rubix

    Ponder Guest

    Re: question........

    Hiya DAVID GETLIN.

    In <news:GHIWf.1670$7f.531@trndny05> you wrote:

    > is there an f.a.q for this group..........thanks............dg

    From what I've seen in here in the short time since I subscribed, you're
    more likely to find an FOAD than a FAQ ;)

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Mar 30, 2006
  11. Re: question........

    Gordon rambled on in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Scraggy wrote:
    >
    >> DAVID GETLIN wrote:
    >>> is there an f.a.q for this group..........thanks............dg

    >> Probably. They would include:
    >> 1. Why can't I download attachments?
    >> 2. What does the red X mean?
    >> 3. What is the best Anti Virus?
    >> 4. Is there a FAQ for this group?
    >> Further examples may be found via Google
    >>
    >> HTH
    >>

    > And no 5. - why can't I send and receive emails or surf the Internet?
    > (I'm on NTL by the way....)

    You forgot "How do I start (a new) (my own) newsgroup?"

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is

    The Old Sourdough, Mar 30, 2006
  12. Rubix

    Gordon Guest

    Re: question........

    The Old Sourdough wrote:

    > Gordon rambled on in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> Scraggy wrote:

    >>> Probably. They would include:
    >>> 1. Why can't I download attachments?
    >>> 2. What does the red X mean?
    >>> 3. What is the best Anti Virus?
    >>> 4. Is there a FAQ for this group?
    >>> Further examples may be found via Google
    >>>
    >>> HTH
    >>>

    >> And no 5. - why can't I send and receive emails or surf the Internet?
    >> (I'm on NTL by the way....)
    >>

    > You forgot "How do I start (a new) (my own) newsgroup?"

    ROTFL!

    --
    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

    Gordon, Mar 30, 2006
  13. Rubix

    gangle Guest

    Re: question........

    "DAVID GETLIN" wrote
    > is there an f.a.q for this group..........thanks

    NON-FAQ Redux

    This newsgroup has little or no purpose,
    is not worth reading, and no one here has
    a clue about anything. But, if you insist on
    still reading it, here are some warnings
    as to what you can expect. See below
    for links to random web sites that
    should prove useless to everyone who
    isn't already a deranged fuckwit.

    First, this NG is not your ISP (Incredibly
    Stupid Place). No matter how screwed-up
    your ISP can be, this NG is always worse.
    This group is one of the thousands of
    poorly conceived newsgroups found on
    USENET (Unnecessary System Enabling
    Numbskulls Easy Transmissions). Since
    this is not the helpdesk of your ISP, no one
    knows your account number, password,
    bellybutton diameter, or if you are wearing
    dirty underpants on your head (which is common
    when posting to this NG). We (tinw) don't even
    know what day it is or why dogs don't mind
    licking their own asses. For this kind of information,
    do a web search or seduce a dog for the answers.

    While posting, don't eat HTML
    (Hot Tangy Meatballs and Linguini)
    or you're likely to mess-up your monitor
    and get red sauce stains all over the keyboard.
    Use plain text to post, if you can find any.
    (There's a plain text shortage in the world today,
    so good luck, you pitiful goomers.)

    DO NOT POST IN ALL CAPS. This makes
    you look like an illiterate hillbilly who SCREAMS a
    lot due to ear and brain damage from drinking
    too much toxic, home-made corn whiskey.
    Most people and some other species who
    post here have trouble forming complete
    sentences, spelling correctly, punctuating (especially
    with regard to semicolons), knowing when to capitalize
    letters and words, expressing coherent thoughts or
    understandale questions, and setting their time zones
    correctly. Therefore, if you are literate and respect logic,
    please try to dumb down your syntax and stifle your thought
    processes to ensure the low standards we have come to
    expect, enjoy, and reward -- such as bottom-posting "LOL" in
    response to a 300-line post of gerbil-level meanderings, or
    asking how to make your own newsgroup.

    Things that make no difference in this group:
    calling people filthy, repugnant names for no
    apparent reason; attaching business cards,
    animated gifs, or Lesbian videos to posts;
    testing...testing...testing; and advertising services
    or products -- *especially* penis-extension devices!
    Sure, a few pushy goody-two-shoes will
    threaten to turn you in to your ISP for doing these things.
    Just ignore such anal-retentive, chronic masturbators.
    Do whatever you want because USENET has no rules,
    and this NG has no charter, no FAQ, and discourages
    common decency in favor of the senseless, porcine
    ramblings of boorish, immature, drooling shitbrains.

    If you ask for advice in this NG, you are seriously
    confused and masochistic. The answers you
    get, if any, will either be inept or purposely
    slanted to cause damage to your computer so
    that you will eventually burst into tears of frustration
    and desperation. Ha...Ha...Ha......there's nothing
    funnier than a pathetic cry-baby newbie goomer
    who is gullible enough to ask to be savagely
    corn-holed by total strangers!

    NOW FOR THOSE USELESS LINKS
    I PROMISED YOU (SOME DON'T
    EVEN WORK!):

    http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/hil/hil-8026.html

    http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/creatures/pages/staypuff.html

    http://www.eskimo.com/~gburlin/restore/uncirc.txt

    http://www.xylemltd.com/

    http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/pigs/

    http://www.tractors2000.com/row-tractors/row-tractor.jpg

    http://pubs.usgs.gov/of/2005/1028/

    http://www.oie.int/fr/maladies/fiches/f_A130.htm

    http://www.yogajournal.com/practice/223.cfm

    http://sulcus.berkeley.edu/mcb/165_001/papers/manuscripts/_912.html

    http://funreports.com/fun/03-08-2005/1247-penis-0

    http://www.esopuslibrary.org/gpig1.jpg

    --
    Management Is Not Responsible For Lost Scrotums

    gangle, Mar 30, 2006